Review: could Copaxone cause Proteinuria (Protein - urine)?
Summary: Proteinuria is reported only by a few people who take Copaxone.
We study 10,158 people who have side effects while taking Copaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Proteinuria. Find out below who they are, when they have Proteinuria and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Copaxone and have Proteinuria >>>
Copaxone has active ingredients of glatiramer acetate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. (latest outcomes from Copaxone 10,374 users)
Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Proteinuria 6,671 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 10,158 people reported to have side effects when taking Copaxone. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Proteinuria.
Time on Copaxone when people have Proteinuria * :
Gender of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone * :
Age of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone * :
Severity of Proteinuria when taking Copaxone ** :
How people recovered from Proteinuria ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
nataly (5 years ago):
I have had same experience. Besides proteinuria I have had edema (face and legs). It is not nice experience, I must say.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Proteinuria while taking Copaxone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Copaxone and have Proteinuria
- support group for people who take Copaxone
- support group for people who have Proteinuria
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Proteinuria
Hey, Sligo! The groups aren't very full yet as we are just starting up, but the hope is that you will be able to connect with similar diagnoses or meds or conditions and find help. :)
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Copaxone, Proteinuria
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Copaxone, Proteinuria
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Copaxone for a patient with Spasticity, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heel Pain
Comments: Started with spasticity, in my legs about 5 months ago, now I have had physical therapy, and have developed intense heel pain for last 4 months. Dr's and nurses just keep telling me to use the baclofen and if needed a cane.
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Celexa, Copaxone, Ativan, Pentasa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression, Multiple Sclerosis Relapse, Anxiety Disorder, Crohn's Disease. The patient has Myalgia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Nerve Pain, Pain - Muscles
Comments: Was put on simvastatin for 5 days, when severe pain hit. Was taken off of it immediately. Put on steriods. SED rate elevated. Prednisone helped just a little, but when weaning down, pain got worse. It has been 6 weeks off medication.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Wellbutrin, Piroxicam, Simvastatin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Prozac, Copaxone for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Neck Arthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Multiple Sclerosis, Neck Stiffness, Hypertension, Stress And Anxiety, Major Depression, Vasovagal Attack
Comments: I take Prozac for depression, Atenolol Chlorthalidone for hypertension, and Valium as needed for stress. I also Vasovagal when stressed, which is becoming more frequent as I get older. Can I take a Valium in preparation for stressful situations, or does that exacerbate my tendency to Vasovagal und ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Fluoxetine, Copaxone for a patient with Treatment Failure, Depression As Side Effect Of Copaxone, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: 60 pills of 50mg prednisone for 3 days. The ringing started at the end of day 2 and worsened after day 3. I'm now done with pilla (day 4) and the ringing is more severe at times. There is a constant ringing, but at times it does get worse wgile simultaneously allpowing me to hear nore.
- A study of side effects of Copaxone for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Urination - Uncontrollable (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination)
Comments: After not taking injections(lost during travel) and on second day back into daily injections, wife had uncontrollable shakes and chills where she thought she was freezing to death but was warm to the touch. Chills lasted approximately 2 hours before settling down. The third time in four years this h ...
More related studies for: Copaxone, Proteinuria
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.