Home > Copaxone > Proteinuria > Copaxone and Proteinuria
Review: could Copaxone cause Proteinuria (Protein - urine)?
We study 10,153 people who have side effects while taking Copaxone from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Proteinuria. Find out below who they are, when they have Proteinuria and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Copaxone and have Proteinuria >>>
Copaxone (latest outcomes from 10,369 users) has active ingredients of glatiramer acetate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis.
Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine) (latest reports from 45,385 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, kidney transplant, hiv infection, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 23, 2014: 10,150 people reported to have side effects when taking Copaxone. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Proteinuria.
Time on Copaxone when people have Proteinuria * :
Gender of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone * :
Age of people who have Proteinuria when taking Copaxone * :
Severity of Proteinuria when taking Copaxone ** :
How people recovered from Proteinuria ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 50.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
nataly (4 years ago):
I have had same experience. Besides proteinuria I have had edema (face and legs). It is not nice experience, I must say.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Proteinuria while taking Copaxone?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Copaxone and have Proteinuria
- group for people who take Copaxone
- group for people who have Proteinuria
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
I take Prozac for depression, Atenolol Chlorthalidone for hypertension, and Valium as needed for stress. I also Vasovagal when stressed, which is becoming more frequent as I get older. Can I take a Valium in preparation for stressful situations, or does that exacerbate my tendency to Vasovagal under stress?
Deru on Jul, 9, 2014:
try Acupuncture or buy a Acupuncture machine which has pads to stimulate your nerves. Your sure to quit using antidepressants and be stable for the rest of your life but treatment should be done for about 6 months or more and may differ case to case.
From this study (3 months ago):
I got a boil that will not come to a head and then a week later I got another one. Both are on the body where the leg connects. One on the butt and one beside the vaginal area.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Copaxone, Proteinuria
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
More reviews for: Copaxone, Proteinuria
On eHealthMe, Copaxone (glatiramer acetate) is often used for multiple sclerosis. Find out below the conditions Copaxone is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Copaxone used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (52 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (52 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Tikosyn side effects
- Tecfidera and Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
- Aggression and Lithium Carbonate
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Trazodone Hydrochloride
- Breast Cancer Metastatic
- Canela Molida
- Prostate Cancer