Review: could Coq10 cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 1,521 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coq10 and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 1,758 Coq10 users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,267 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 1,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 31 people (2.04%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Coq10 when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Coq10 * :
|Atrial fibrillation||67.74%||32.26% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Coq10 * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.70%||18.52%||77.78% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (13 people, 41.94%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 25.81%)
- Vitamin supplementation (6 people, 19.35%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 16.13%)
- Back pain (5 people, 16.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (18 people, 58.06%)
- Fish oil (14 people, 45.16%)
- Vitamin d (11 people, 35.48%)
- Digoxin (11 people, 35.48%)
- Magnesium (9 people, 29.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coq10 and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Fingers Locking Up
- A study of side effects of Acebutolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Afib. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10, Selenium, Aspirin, Flexeril, Dilaudid, Xalatan, Zolpidem, Cymbalta, Clonidine for a 58-year old woman with Vitamin D Abnormal, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back, Intraocular Pressure Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Xanax, Percocet, Clonazepam, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 53-year old woman with Blood Clots, Anxiety, Headache, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Anxiety, Atrial Fibrillation
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles)
Recent Coq10 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of CoQ10, Carvedilol for a 39-year old man who has Congestive Cardiomyopathy
- Comparions of Coenzyme Q10, Lithium Carbonate for a 44-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Phentermine Hydrochloride, CoQ10 for a 46-year old woman who has Phetermine
- Comparions of CoQ10, Moexipril Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Simvastatin, Neosporin G.u. Irrigant for a 88-year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Heart, Dementia, Osteoarthritis, Chronic UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.