Could Coq10 cause Bradycardia - from FDA reports
Bradycardia is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol . We study 4,311 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA. Among them, 44 have Bradycardia. Find out below who they are, when they have Bradycardia and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Coq10 4,780 users)
Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, pain, atrial fibrillation/flutter, osteoporosis (latest reports from 111,431 Bradycardia patients).
On Nov, 26, 2016
4,311 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10.
Among them, 44 people (1.02%) have Bradycardia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coq10 when people have Bradycardia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bradycardia when taking Coq10 *:
- female: 51.16 %
- male: 48.84 %
Age of people who have Bradycardia when taking Coq10 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 2.63 %
- 30-39: 2.63 %
- 40-49: 7.89 %
- 50-59: 23.68 %
- 60+: 57.89 %
Severity of Bradycardia **:
- least: 0.0 %
- moderate: 66.67 %
- severe: 33.33 %
- most severe: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (14 people, 31.82%)
- Fish Oil (11 people, 25.00%)
- Vitamin D (10 people, 22.73%)
- Lipitor (10 people, 22.73%)
- Nexium (8 people, 18.18%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Coq10, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- Supplementation Therapy (4 people, 9.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 9.09%)
- Asthma (4 people, 9.09%)
- Health (3 people, 6.82%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 6.82%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Fatigue (11 people, 25.00%)
- Dizziness (10 people, 22.73%)
- Stress And Anxiety (9 people, 20.45%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (8 people, 18.18%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 15.91%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bradycardia when taking Coq10?
- Check symptoms - is bradycardia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Coq10a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with BradycardiaBradycardia
Could your condition cause BradycardiaBradycardia
Can you answer these questions?
1. After taking Allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I have always had on and off acne and bowel problems, but both issues subsided until about a month ago. My last doctors visit was around march and I was advised to start taking Magnesium and Coq10 in combination with Topomax for headaches so that I didn't have to take a muscle relaxer, so I did ...
am having a bradycardia of 60 beats/min since i started the sertraline of 50mg/day , am also having dyspnea and feeling tired all the time , this is so annoying , am asking if this is serious and if i should stop the sertraline .
My daughter took an overdose of Seroquel and Celexa almost a year ago. Later that day she had her first episode of arrhythmia. She has not taken seroquel since that day but the arrhythmia has not been corrected. She has been seeing a cardiologist who says this cannot be fixed. But the ...
Can anyone describe the reddness or flush experienced as a side effect of coq10? I have always had some trouble with flushing, but it has gotten really bad lately. It happens almost everynight and sometimes a few times a day. This is serious, face on fire flushing, not a rosy glow. I have been ...
You may be interested in these reviews
1. After taking allegra for approx. 10 years for urticaria ( skin rash ) I was able to find that present heart arrhythmia maybe due to the use of Allegra 180 mg Tablets 2. I need to get information on the relationship of Heart Arrhythmia due to use of Allegra - Oral - 180 mg Tablets to easy ...
I have high normal to slightly above normal blood sugars. 100-130. Take Metformin 500 three times a day. Doc suggested Coq10 since I am on statins, Lipitor. However, my finger sticks are now showing 150-175 BS. After reading the article on this I think I will stop the Coq10 York now. Anyone else ...
Age: 54 Dose: 100mg Qunol Time to Shingles being Diagnosed: 33-days Treatment: antibiotics Prognosis: Good. recovery under way. Body Area Affect: Left side--Head(severe), underarms(mild) This fat soluble all natural product goes by the trade name Qunol. Claimed to be #1 ...
Hi Im Alex. I take 250mg of lamictal for bi-polar disorder and 20mg Fluoxotine. I recently ( 2 weeks) started taking B12 and CO q10 supplements and something is making my rage and mood change very drastically. I need help finding out if its the supplements. I can feel a definite change, short ...
Hello -- I'm a 73 yr. old woman who recently had open heart surgery for an aortic aneurism, including a new aortic valve. I developed A Fib, but am now out of it. My cardiologist has me taking Xarelto & Metoprolol. I always took quality supplements, including CoQ10, but the cardiologist tends ...