Review: could Coq10 cause Fatigue?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 23, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,499 people who take Coq10. Among them, 106 have Fatigue. See who they are, when they have Fatigue and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Coq10 (latest outcomes from 1,708 users) has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in vitamin supplementation, general physical condition abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Coq10 include flushing aggravated, skin blushing/flushing, itching, fatigue, pain relief by acupuncture.
Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) (latest reports from 1,507,740 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 1,265 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 106 people (8.38%) have Fatigue.
Time on Coq10 when people have Fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fatigue when taking Coq10 * :
Age of people who have Fatigue when taking Coq10 * :
Severity of Fatigue when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (24 people, 22.64%)
- Metastases to bone (14 people, 13.21%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 12.26%)
- Blood pressure (12 people, 11.32%)
- Feeling of relaxation (11 people, 10.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (48 people, 45.28%)
- Aspirin (41 people, 38.68%)
- Vitamin e (39 people, 36.79%)
- Lovaza (31 people, 29.25%)
- Ambien (29 people, 27.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Coq10, Fatigue
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Coq10 (coenzyme q - 10) is often used for vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions Coq10 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coq10 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Coq10 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Coq10 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
It is too many symptoms to list. The mentioned are the symptoms I have right now.
From this study (5 months ago):
dieting for months. Eats one meal a day.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- What causes low oxygen blood level
Since retiring I have been experiencing the above conditions. It seems to be progressive. My physician monitored my oxygen level for a night's duration and the level was as far down as a 69 level.
- What is the best medication for pcos with low bp
I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 15. I was put on glucaphage and birth control to help maintain my periods. Within 3 years I stopped having a period all together. In february 2006, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and that May it was removed (benign). For 6 years no period, then in August I fo ...
- I am a g6pd patient with heart problem, can i take coq10 capsules or not?
I am a g6pd patient with a leaky valve problem grade 3/4 .. i started to take coq10 capsules and i want to make sure that it will not affect me as g6pd patient
More questions for: Coq10, Fatigue
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Epilepsy and depression drug side effects
42yo male having infrequent seizures since he was 19yo.
Was recently placed on Neurontin and Topamax after a single seizure. This combination of meds appeared to increase the frequency of seizures ( from 1 every few years unmedicated, to 1 every month ). Dosage being increased after each seizure. ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Coq10, Fatigue
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Azithromycin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin, Xenical, Chia Seed, R-lipoic Acid, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, A-Beta-Carotene, B Complex Vitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Milk Thistle, Lutein, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Rutin, Magnesium Malate, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Curcumin, CoQ-10, Chanca Piedra, Ribose, Yam, Chlorella, Fluconazole, Vivitrol, Garlic, NAC, Natural DHEA, Zyrtec, Theo-dur, Olmetec for a patient with Candidiasis, Borreliosis, Helicobacter Pylori Antibody Positive, Central Obesity, Fatigue - Chronic, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cognitive Deterioration, Immune Response, Hot Flashes, Constipation, Pain, Hormone Level Abnormal, Allergy To Chemicals, Asthma, Hypertension. The patient has Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Disturbance In Attention, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Obesity, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Fatigue, Nausea, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Uloric, CoQ10, Pyridoxine, Vitamin D, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Health, Gout, Energy Preservation, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Energy Increased, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Sleepy (Drowsiness), Tiredness (Fatigue)
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver, Ubiquinol, Fish Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Aspirin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin for a patient with Iron Supplements And Disease, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Health, Energy Increased, Liver Scan Abnormal, Heart Disease Congenital, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Paleness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Muscle Stiffness (Spasticity), Low Back Pain (Back pain - low), Flushing (Skin blushing/flushing), Aches - Leg (Leg pain), Burning Feet Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, CoQ10, Multivitamin, Garlic, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Feraheme, MSM, Magnesium Glycinate, Oil Of Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Adrenal Complex for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Energy Increased, Anemia, Stress. The patient has Tingling In Hands Or Feet (Numbness in hands or feet), Headache, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
More related studies for: Coq10, Fatigue
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.