Home > Coq10 > Hair loss > Coq10 and Hair loss
Review: could Coq10 cause Hair loss?
We study 1,506 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair loss >>>
Coq10 (latest outcomes from 1,739 users) has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,506 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 12 people (0.80%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coq10 when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||50.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||54.55%||45.45% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (5 people, 41.67%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (5 people, 41.67%)
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 41.67%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Hair loss (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (9 people, 75.00%)
- Lovaza (7 people, 58.33%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 50.00%)
- Femara (6 people, 50.00%)
- Levaquin (5 people, 41.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coq10?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
In last year my hair texture is changing to fine and frizzy. Breaks easily and increasing hair loss, especially around face and sides of head.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
losing hair when I go on coq10, second time this is happening. Coq10 has been effective treating hear palpitation.
From this study (7 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
help on Apr, 9, 2014:
hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coq10, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Coq10, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Coq10 (coenzyme q - 10) is often used for vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions Coq10 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coq10 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Klonopin, Albuterol Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Xarelto, Phenergan for a 50-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Wheezing , Hypertension , Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis, Nausea (7 minutes ago)
- Prilosec, Paxil for a 49-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder (50 minutes ago)
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 58-year old woman who has Numbness And Tingling (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vomiting and Fibromyalgia
- Enbrel and Bone Fragmentation
- Topamax and Localised Osteoarthritis
- Gout and Metolazone
- Omeprazole and Urine Odor
Recent user comments
- "High Blood pressure
Pulmonary Embolism approximately ... " (7 minutes ago)
- "lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they a ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "Started using omeprazole 2 months ago. Just noticed s ... " (2 hours ago)
- Cushings Syndrome
- Cushing's Syndrome
- Warfarin Sodium
- Yellow Indigo