Review: could Coq10 cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Breast cancer.
We study 1,510 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair loss >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from Coq10 1,746 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.(latest reports from Hair loss 41,549 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 1,510 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 12 people (0.79%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coq10 when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||50.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||54.55%||45.45% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (5 people, 41.67%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (5 people, 41.67%)
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 41.67%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 33.33%)
- Hair loss (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (9 people, 75.00%)
- Lovaza (7 people, 58.33%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 50.00%)
- Femara (6 people, 50.00%)
- Levaquin (5 people, 41.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Oxcarbazepine)
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 milligrams
- Does anyone else have trouble getting to sleep since beginning to take brilinta?
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Initial Insomnia, and takes Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, CoQ10, Aspirin, Brilinta, Omeprazole, Pravastatin Sodium, Tekturna)
Am trying to figure out just why, since stent insertion, I have developed insomnia which keeps me from getting to sleep at night. Brilinta is the only new drug I am taking.I am very sleepy, falling asleep in my chair while watching TV, but wide awake when I go to bed and staying awake until two or three in the morning. I do not nap during the day and am pretty active with cardio rehab and walking the dogs three times a day.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Hair Loss, and takes Fluticasone Propionate)
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
More questions for: Coq10, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with enbrel
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, Psoriatic Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing significant hair thinning at the second month of treatments (50 mg once per week). My Rhuematologist suggested 800 mcg of folic acid. I am still losing hair although I am feeling so much better.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this drug should post that this is a side effect as so many have been complaining of the same side effect. I also began having problems with my teeth and always prided myself of having great teeth with no problems. I also understand that if there is a deficiency of Vitamin B12 that this together with taking this drug can cause these issues of hair loss and mouth/teeth problems. Again; I feel this should be totally and more readily informed to anyone taking this drug. I don't feel that anyone should have to give up things important to them to maintain a healthy way of living...I am going to see my physician and discuss what other options that may exist as I am not feeling very comfortable with this drug and the side effects I am experiencing.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
More reviews for: Coq10, Hair loss
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Sulfacetamide, Metrogel, Fish Oil, Biotin, Zanaflex, Zoloft for a patient with Rosacea, Just To Be Helpful, For Hair Loss And Thinning.wasnt Suggested/prescribed By Doctor., Muscle Spasms In Neck , Bulging Discs, Stenosis. Only Use Sparingly, Not Much At All., Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Hair Thinning, Loss Of Hair
Comments: *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- A study of side effects of Naproxen for a patient with Inflammation Localised. The patient has Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body)
Comments: I have just started on Orencia this month but was was taken off of Cimzia as it was no longer effective. I have noticed over the last year that 2/3 of my hair has thinned to very little.. thin and weak.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Had bouts of insomnia, digesting certain foods, I dealt with all of this including the hair loss.. Which I am grateful didn't last longer then two months( my hair was just falling out in clumps during that time)..my concerns now are the styes that I have been getting over the course of the past two ...
- A study of side effects of Cannabis for a patient with The Cause. The patient has Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hair Loss, Lethargy (tiredness)
Comments: Patient has been declining after increased marijuana usage. Graves disease like symptoms with weight loss, bulging eyes, mood disorder, lethargic, and loss of appetite. Increased depression and dependency on substances has drastically changed. Appearance and facial structures are predominate.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
More related studies for: Coq10, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.