Review: could Coq10 cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 1,521 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair loss >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 1,758 Coq10 users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 1,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 13 people (0.85%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coq10 when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||40.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||84.62%||15.38% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||58.33%||41.67% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||60.00%||40.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 38.46%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (5 people, 38.46%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 38.46%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 30.77%)
- Hair loss (2 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (9 people, 69.23%)
- Lovaza (7 people, 53.85%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 46.15%)
- Femara (6 people, 46.15%)
- Periogard (5 people, 38.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coq10 and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Unisom for a 51-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Aging Changes In The Face, Menstruation Irregular, Hair Loss, Presbyopia (condition in which the lens of the eye loses its ability to focus, making it difficult to see objects up close)
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between CoQ10, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman with Total Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Depression. The patient has Fingers Locking Up
Recent Coq10 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of CoQ10, Carvedilol for a 39-year old man who has Congestive Cardiomyopathy
- Comparions of Coenzyme Q10, Lithium Carbonate for a 44-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Phentermine Hydrochloride, CoQ10 for a 46-year old woman who has Phetermine
- Comparions of CoQ10, Moexipril Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Simvastatin, Neosporin G.u. Irrigant for a 88-year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Heart, Dementia, Osteoarthritis, Chronic UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.