Review: could Coq10 cause Hair loss?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 2, 2014)
Severity ratings: 3.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,499 people who take Coq10. Among them, 9 have Hair loss. See who they are, when they have Hair loss and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Coq10 (latest outcomes from 1,708 users) has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in vitamin supplementation, general physical condition abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Coq10 include flushing aggravated, skin blushing/flushing, itching, fatigue, pain relief by acupuncture.
Hair loss (latest reports from 221,398 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 1,265 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 9 people (0.71%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coq10 when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||88.89%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coq10 * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (5 people, 55.56%)
- Breast cancer (5 people, 55.56%)
- Bone cancer metastatic (5 people, 55.56%)
- Osteomyelitis (4 people, 44.44%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 22.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (8 people, 88.89%)
- Lovaza (7 people, 77.78%)
- Synthroid (6 people, 66.67%)
- Femara (6 people, 66.67%)
- Ciprofloxacin (5 people, 55.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Coq10, Hair loss
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Coq10 (coenzyme q - 10) is often used for vitamin supplementation. Find out below the conditions Coq10 is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coq10 used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Coq10 side effects from A to Z:
Browse Coq10 drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
Hair loss on the top of the head.
From this study (3 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coq10, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Coq10, Hair loss
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Prilosec, Gaviscon, Ubiquinol, Multivitamin, Ferrous Fumarate, Fish Oil, Simvastatin, Atenolol, Zyprexa for a patient with Vitamin D Abnormal, Gerd, Antioxidant Therapy, Enzyme Supplementation, Blood Iron Abnormal, Blood Triglycerides, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Magnesium Orotate, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Red Cherry, Tart Cherry, CoQ-10, Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Niaspan, Synthroid, Premarin, Victoza, Clonazepam, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Fenofibrate, Crestor for a patient with Eczema, Health, Heart Rate Irregular, Energy Increased, Liver Fatty, Antioxidant Therapy, Skin Disorder, Hair Disorder, Sleepy, Sinus Headache, Counteract Niaspan Effects, Heartburn, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypothyroidism, Menopause Hot Flashes, Anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Blood Triglycerides Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
More related studies for: Coq10, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.