Review: could Coq10 cause Headache?
Summary: Headache is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 1,510 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 74 have Headache. Find out below who they are, when they have Headache and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coq10 and have Headache >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from Coq10 1,746 users)
Headache (pain in head) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Headache 199,069 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 1,510 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 74 people (4.90%) have Headache.
Time on Coq10 when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Coq10 * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Coq10 * :
Severity of Headache when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (12 people, 16.22%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 10.81%)
- Osteoporosis (8 people, 10.81%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (7 people, 9.46%)
- Pain (7 people, 9.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (33 people, 44.59%)
- Vitamin e (24 people, 32.43%)
- Aspirin (23 people, 31.08%)
- Magnesium (21 people, 28.38%)
- Ambien (19 people, 25.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headache while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Headache
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Headache
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can drinking tea few days after having a depo provera shot lessen the effectivity of contraception?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Headache, and takes Depo-provera)
Interaction of drinking tea 3 days after having depo-provera shot
- Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Tylenol)
Can a drug test result return positive for amphetamine using 500mg tylenol extra strength?
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- What causes a headache only when coughing or shaking the head?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Headache, and takes Benadryl)
Head hurts only when shaken or I cough. I suspect benadryl or amytriptaline
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Fatigue, Headache, Elevated Blood Pressure, Eating More Alkaline Foods Helps Reduce Pain, Abdominal Pain Upper, Upper Back Pain, Indigestion, Slightly Yellow, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide)
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
More questions for: Coq10, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Dyphenhydramine and headaches horrible going one almost 24 hours a day for 4 weeks and cant get them to stop, now looking for cause . think its the dyphenhydramine im taking to help me sleep .
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Headaches, and takes Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride)
have been taking 3 dyphenhydramine for some time to help me sleep , just in last few weeks began having severe headache almost all the time.. cant get it to go away. just found out it can cause headache and am going to lower my intake to one per night and see if my headaches get better. am taking mi ...
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Headache, Facial Muscle Twitching, Red Face, and takes Raspberry Ketone)
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Headache, Anxiety, Heartburn, Blurred Vision, Nausea, and takes Prednisone)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Coq10, Headache
- A study of side effects of Voltaren for a patient with Tenosynovitis. The patient has Headache (pain in head), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lethargy (tiredness), Metallic Taste (a bad taste in the mouth), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Comments: Was prescribed Voltaren gel for tenosynovitis of my thumb. Helped the pain somewhat, but I woke up feeling terrible. I am sensitive to stronger oral pain medications, which is why this was prescribed in the first place, but the side effects are worse than when I have taken codeine. Felt somewhat be ...
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Klonopin, Effexor Xr, Lamictal, Abilify for a patient with Depression, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Sweating - Excessive, Headache, Akathisia, Weight Gain
Comments: Within 3 to 4 months of starting ABILIFY, I gained about 40 pounds. As for the akathisia (feeling of restlessness or shaking on the inside), it wasn't bad until my dose got to 15mg. Eventually it went away and I still take 15mg/day. (haven't been able to lose much weight though. Side effects with ...
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Numbness And Tingling. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
Comments: lips have been sort of numb and eyes feel like they are abut to fall out of my head. My face is red and skin is dry and itchy. Gaining weight and have lowered calories to 300 per day and increased water to one and a half gallons a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin Fe 1/20, CoQ10, Multivitamin for a patient with Contraception, Health, Vitamin Supplementation. The patient has Focus Problem
Comments: I've always had a hard time on focusing the things I do but was able to manage it until I was diagnosed with ADHD in my last semester of second Bachelor's degree. I've been on Amphatemine Salts, substitute of Adderall, for a year and 3months on and off. I started with 40mg per day and didn't use as ...
More related studies for: Coq10, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.