Review: could Coq10 cause Heart pounding (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Heart pounding is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fish oil, and have High blood pressure.
We study 1,522 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Heart pounding. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart pounding and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coq10 and have Heart pounding >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 1,759 Coq10 users)
Heart pounding (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,154 Heart pounding patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 1,522 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 21 people (1.38%) have Heart Pounding.
Time on Coq10 when people have Heart pounding * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart pounding||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart pounding when taking Coq10 * :
|Heart pounding||71.43%||28.57% |
Age of people who have Heart pounding when taking Coq10 * :
|Heart pounding||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||5.00%||10.00%||35.00%||40.00% |
Severity of Heart pounding when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart pounding||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart pounding ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart pounding||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (4 people, 19.05%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 19.05%)
- Depression (4 people, 19.05%)
- Pain (2 people, 9.52%)
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fish oil (8 people, 38.10%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 28.57%)
- Vitamin d (6 people, 28.57%)
- Multivitamin (4 people, 19.05%)
- Bystolic (3 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heart Pounding while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Heart Pounding
- support group for people who take Coq10
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 25-year old man with Disturbance In Attention. The patient has Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Tribulis Terrestris, Marijuana for a 29-year old man with Testosterone, Stress. The patient has Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Victoza for a 65-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Pulmicort Flexhaler, Proair Hfa, Mirena for a 35-year old woman with Asthma, Birth Control. The patient has Nipple Pain, Insomnia, Thirst, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Confusion, Muscle Aches, Headache, Dizziness, Nosebleed, Hypoglycaemia
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, Fish Oil, Carisoprodol, Lunesta, Crestor for a 56-year old man with Health, Muscle Aches, Sleepy, Cholestasis. The patient has Facial Flushing About Once A Day - Very Red
Recent Coq10 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of CoQ10, Carvedilol for a 39-year old man who has Congestive Cardiomyopathy
- Comparions of Coenzyme Q10, Lithium Carbonate for a 44-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Phentermine Hydrochloride, CoQ10 for a 46-year old woman who has Phetermine
- Comparions of CoQ10, Moexipril Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Simvastatin, Neosporin G.u. Irrigant for a 88-year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Heart, Dementia, Osteoarthritis, Chronic UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.