Review: could Coq10 cause Muscle pain (Muscle aches)?
Summary: Muscle pain is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 1,521 people who have side effects while taking Coq10 from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Muscle pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coq10 and have Muscle pain >>>
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in health. (latest outcomes from 1,758 Coq10 users)
Muscle pain (muscle pain) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 73,516 Muscle pain patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 1,521 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10. Among them, 60 people (3.94%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Coq10 when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||12.50%||25.00%||12.50%||0.00%||37.50%||0.00%||12.50% |
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Coq10 * :
|Muscle pain||49.15%||50.85% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Coq10 * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||30.43%||69.57% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Coq10 ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||20.00%||30.00%||40.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (9 people, 15.00%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 11.67%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (6 people, 10.00%)
- Blood pressure increased (4 people, 6.67%)
- Arthritis (4 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (26 people, 43.33%)
- Fish oil (22 people, 36.67%)
- Vitamin d (20 people, 33.33%)
- Niaspan (16 people, 26.67%)
- Plavix (9 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coq10 and muscle pain on
Do you have Muscle Pain while taking Coq10?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Coq10 and have Muscle Pain
- support group for people who take Coq10
- support group for people who have Muscle Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Nuvaring, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Lamictal for a 24-year old woman with Vitamin D, Birth Control, Functional Dyspepsia, Mood Disorder. The patient has Ear Pain, Pressure Sore, Early Morning Joint Stiffness, Muscle Pain, Headache, Lightheadedness, Fatigue, Pressure Sore, Spaced Out
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Piroxicam, Ciprofloxacin for a 27-year old woman with Flu, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Myalgia, Cough, Syncope Vasovagal
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Muscle Pain (muscle pain)
Recent Coq10 related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Turmeric, Ubiquinol for a 65-year old woman who has Stomach Discomfort
- Comparions of CoQ10, Carvedilol for a 39-year old man who has Congestive Cardiomyopathy
- Comparions of Coenzyme Q10, Lithium Carbonate for a 44-year old man who has Bipolar Ii Disorder
- Comparions of Phentermine Hydrochloride, CoQ10 for a 46-year old woman who has Phetermine
- Comparions of CoQ10, Moexipril Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Simvastatin, Neosporin G.u. Irrigant for a 88-year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Heart, Dementia, Osteoarthritis, Chronic UTI
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.