Coq10 and Muscle pain - from FDA reports
Muscle pain is found among people who take Coq10, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Fish Oil, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Muscle pain with Coq10. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,223 people who have side effects when taking Coq10 from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
5,223 people reported to have side effects when taking Coq10.
Among them, 218 people (4.17%) have Muscle pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Muscle pain when taking Coq10 *:
- female: 59.35 %
- male: 40.65 %
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Coq10 *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.55 %
- 20-29: 0.55 %
- 30-39: 1.65 %
- 40-49: 7.69 %
- 50-59: 21.98 %
- 60+: 67.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (18 people, 8.26%)
- Cardiac Disorder (17 people, 7.80%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (16 people, 7.34%)
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 6.88%)
- Supplementation Therapy (13 people, 5.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil (74 people, 33.94%)
- Crestor (60 people, 27.52%)
- Vitamin D3 (37 people, 16.97%)
- Vitamin D (34 people, 15.60%)
- Multivitamin (30 people, 13.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (66 people, 30.28%)
- Fatigue (57 people, 26.15%)
- Weakness (55 people, 25.23%)
- Muscle Spasms (45 people, 20.64%)
- Pain In Extremity (43 people, 19.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Muscle pain when taking Coq10?
- Check symptoms - is muscle pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMuscle pain and drugs with ingredients of coenzyme q - 10.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscle pain and Coq10 from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Coq10 5,808 users)
Muscle pain has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis (latest reports from 117,254 Muscle pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Coq10a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Muscle painMuscle pain
Could your condition cause Muscle painMuscle pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
When I walk my dog my thighs get burning and icy stabbing pain beginning between one and four miles. This hasn't improved in six months of walking five miles each morning and one to two miles in the evening. is this from Pradaxa and what can I do about it?
I have had two days of extreme itching and flushing on my face, neck and arms after taking my morning pills with the addition of CO Q 10. The third day it spread to my legs. I realized that the flushing and itching did not begin after taking the pills but rather after having my first few sips ...
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
Heavy legs, numb feet, better in AM and worsens during day and abates a bit in the evening. Was taking 500 mg daily, now 3x weakly, but tapering off a bit now because Hb and WBC less than optimal at present. Symptoms abating slightly on lower dosage. Also severe cramps in AM.
User reviews to the study
I was started on Xarelto 4 weeks ago and in the last two weeks I have noticed increase muscle pain! This is concerning because I already have fibromyalgia and I don't need something else to make me hurt even more!! For those of you that have been on it longer, did the muscle aches begin to ...