Review: could Coreg cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Coreg, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 23,209 people who have side effects while taking Coreg from FDA and social media. Among them, 528 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coreg and have Constipation >>>
Coreg has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 23,797 Coreg users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 23,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coreg. Among them, 528 people (2.28%) have Constipation.
Time on Coreg when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Coreg * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Coreg * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Coreg ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (84 people, 15.91%)
- Multiple myeloma (54 people, 10.23%)
- Cardiac disorder (33 people, 6.25%)
- Atrial fibrillation (31 people, 5.87%)
- Pain (30 people, 5.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (198 people, 37.50%)
- Lasix (156 people, 29.55%)
- Lisinopril (132 people, 25.00%)
- Coumadin (129 people, 24.43%)
- Plavix (128 people, 24.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coreg and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Coreg?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coreg and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Coreg
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Ramipril, Simvastatin for a 88-year old man with Heart Disease, Heart Disease - Aging. The patient has Open Heart Surgery
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
Recent Coreg related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atenolol, Carvedilol for a 49-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Bystolic for a 77-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Carvedilol, Bystolic for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Allopurinol, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Pueraria Mirifica for a 60-year old man who has Brest Enlargement
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.