Review: could Coreg cause Loss of appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Loss of appetite is found among people who take Coreg, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 23,196 people who have side effects while taking Coreg from FDA and social media. Among them, 553 have Loss of appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coreg and have Loss of appetite >>>
Coreg has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (view latest outcomes from 23,786 users)
Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Loss of appetite 52,018 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 23,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Coreg. Among them, 553 people (2.38%) have Loss Of Appetite.
Time on Coreg when people have Loss of appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of appetite||14.29%||42.86%||14.29%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Coreg * :
|Loss of appetite||51.96%||48.04% |
Age of people who have Loss of appetite when taking Coreg * :
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.57%||0.38%||2.47%||10.44%||15.75%||70.40% |
Severity of Loss of appetite when taking Coreg ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of appetite ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of appetite||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (59 people, 10.67%)
- Atrial fibrillation (39 people, 7.05%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (37 people, 6.69%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (33 people, 5.97%)
- Diabetes mellitus (25 people, 4.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (252 people, 45.57%)
- Digoxin (246 people, 44.48%)
- Lasix (230 people, 41.59%)
- Lisinopril (152 people, 27.49%)
- Coumadin (147 people, 26.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Appetite while taking Coreg?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coreg and have Loss Of Appetite
- support group for people who take Coreg
- support group for people who have Loss Of Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Is there anything a doctor can perscribe to increase libido? (1 answer)
I was put on Carvedilol for my heart a little over a year ago. Almost immediately I lost my desire for sexual intercourse. It is putting a strain on my marriage and my doctor doesn't appear to have any interest in doing anything to help me. I am trying to get in to see another electrophysiologist. Is there any treatment to help patients with this problem?
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find anything that won't cause this reaction. I am used to pain and this isn't a little bachache. I pray for help. thank you
- How to stop le and foot cramps? (3 answers)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar and honey. Does anyone out there know anything else I can try? This condition is starting to get BAD!!! Thanks to all
- Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went to see the ENT two days ago and all turned out good (no cancer anywhere...tonsils, vocal cords, throat, tongue, etc.). But they want to do an excision biopsy to remove the lymph node and check it for cancer, etc? Does this make sense?
More questions for: Coreg, Loss of appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Meds i take at night
I take amlodipine coreg clonidine lovastatin isosorbide every night and it brings my pressure way down
- Taste loss while taking lisinopril
I have severe loss of taste and appetite since starting lisinopril . I was unsure what the cause was until finding your site. My physician did not know what was causing it and did not even try to find out. In fact she doubled the dose I was taking .
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
Carvedilol caused renal failure, edema, coughing, panic-inducing painful allergic skin rashes, necrosis, healing took weeks where it had taken a day or less. Unable to walk up or odnw stairs unaided. Fell a lot Vision blurred, especially at night and when seeking perspective : driving.
Warfarin made me feel like my body was made up of burdens foreign matter. Contraindicated diet was a blow to my post-domestic-violence, with sexual assaults, fragile ego, and capped the hopelessness triune of impacts.
Metoprolol has caused awful heartburn since the first dose, with bloating and gas. Heartburn begins 12hrs after eating, very late at night. It keeps me from most activities. Very painful. Digestive upset I thought was from IV radiation / imaging seems to be metoprolol's doing.
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
More reviews for: Coreg, Loss of appetite
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- She was doing well until March 12, 2014, when she had respiratory problems, then she had a stroke that hit her cerebellum, from that point on she was switched to zerelto from plavix, she declined, having UTI's , then hospice came in and she declined even more rapidly, she had sundowners effect, and ...
- I wouldn't mind losing a couple pounds, but I don't freakishly obsess over it. After I started taking the concerta in Aug. I started losing my appetite, and now when I try to eat after taking my pills in the morning, I feel sick and food just doesn't look appetizing any more.
- I have been wondering if hypokalemia and lifetime asymptomatic persistent chronic pvcs could have caused my recent AFIB episode. I take potassium to counter the potential potassium loss resulting from the furosemide / lasix.
I also exercise vigorously (cardio vascular heart rate - walking at 4 ...
- Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Coreg, Loss of appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.