Home > Coreg > Migraine > Coreg and Migraine
Review: could Coreg cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Coreg, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Hypertension.
We study 23,192 people who have side effects while taking Coreg from FDA and social media. Among them, 90 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coreg and have Migraine >>>
Coreg (latest outcomes from 23,780 users) has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 23,192 people reported to have side effects when taking Coreg. Among them, 90 people (0.39%) have Migraine.
Time on Coreg when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Coreg * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Coreg * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Coreg ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (14 people, 15.56%)
- Asthma (7 people, 7.78%)
- Multiple myeloma (7 people, 7.78%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 5.56%)
- Emphysema (5 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (37 people, 41.11%)
- Lasix (34 people, 37.78%)
- Xanax (29 people, 32.22%)
- Paxil (27 people, 30.00%)
- Aspirin (24 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine while taking Coreg?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coreg and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Coreg
- support group for people who have Migraine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Is there anything a doctor can perscribe to increase libido?
(Asked by a 61 year old man who has Loss Of Libido, and takes Carvedilol)
I was put on Carvedilol for my heart a little over a year ago. Almost immediately I lost my desire for sexual intercourse. It is putting a strain on my marriage and my doctor doesn't appear to have any interest in doing anything to help me. I am trying to get in to see another electrophysiologist. I ...
- Congestive heart failure w/ejection faction 15-20%-meds causing extreme bone pain
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has Extreme Bone Pain From Drugs, and takes Lasix, Lisinopril, Aldactone, Coreg)
diagnosed congested Heart failure.ejection fraction 15-20% went on meds and after a week suffered extreme (scale 1-10 it would be11) can't sit, sleep bone pain in back hip leg,even sitting on toilet is torture. Stopped everything and after a week pain is almost gone. See doc in 2 days will they find ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Cramps - Leg, Cramps In Legs And Feet At Night, Calf Muscle Cramps At Night, Have Heart And Vascular Deciese, and takes Meloxicam, Celexa, Lovastatin, Ramipril, Coreg, Percocet, Aspirin, Temazepam, Adderall 10)
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
More questions for: Coreg, Migraine
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Meds i take at night
(Posted by a 84 year old woman who has Amlodipine, and takes Coreg)
I take amlodipine coreg clonidine lovastatin isosorbide every night and it brings my pressure way down
More reviews for: Coreg, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B12, Multivitamin, Metformin, Furosemide, Captopril, Carvedilol for a patient with Memory Loss, Low Blood Sugar, Iga Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Diabetes, Hypertension - Essential, Hypertension. The patient has Confusion, Memory Loss
Comments: I lost a lot of time during a 9 month period, I can't remember what I said or did. I'm being brought up on charges of writing prescription medications after my Controlled License expired. I forgot to renew it. My husband thinks that I've lost it. I couldn't remember how to do the simplest things. I ...
- A study of side effects of Valtrex for a patient with Shingles. The patient has Itching, Migraine (headache), Joint Stiffness, Muscle Stiffness (weakness and loss of muscle control due to nerve damage in brain), Stuffy Nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels)
Comments: Recurrent shingles for last 1-2 years with them now coming almost as soon as I am off the 7 days 3000 gram course. Two weeks ago during the 5th day of the 3000 per day, I awoke and the muscles of my lower extremities were so tight and rigid I could hardly bend to move. Painful to get around, could b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Zofran, Dilaudid, Zomig, Zanaflex, Metoprolol Tartrate, Topamax, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Armour Thyroid for a patient with Nausea And Vomiting, Pain Management, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasms, Hypertension, Migraine Prophylaxis, Stress And Anxiety, Hashimoto's Disease. The patient has Hair Loss, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Anemia - Hemolytic, Rash Macular, Weight Decreased, Abdominal Distension, Fecal Incontinence, Bile Duct Pressure Increased, Muscle Aches, Muscle Twitching, Numbness And Tingling, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Tachycardia Irregular, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Abdominal Neoplasm, Bone And Joint Pain, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine
Comments: Have constant pain in knees, feet, toes, hands, arms, neck and back. Cannot sleep because I wake up constantly with shooting pain in neck, feet, knees, including tingles and numbness. Left side is worse; includes some drooling and paralysis at times. History of colitis and recent IPIN neiplasms f ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Lovastatin, Alprazolam, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Blood Cholesterol Decreased. The patient has Hearing Loss
Comments: I have been taking high blood pressure medication for over five years. About a year ago my doctor added Losartin/HCTZ 100/12.5 mg to the Carvidilol 12.5 AM/PM daily and Alprazolam .25 mg AM/PM. I had some water retention when I visited him in June 2013. He upped the dosage of Losartin/HCTZ to 100/25 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Altace, Tricor, Coreg, Pradaxa, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Lasix, Omeprazole, Lantus for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Acid Reflux, Diabetic Complication. The patient has Zithromax
Comments: I have had bypass surgery twice. Triple in 1984, quadruple in 2009. After the 2009 bypass, I developed atrial fibrillation, low pulse rate and diabetes. On Jan 4th, I saw my doctor for flu symptoms. He prescribed a Z-Pack which I took from Jan 5 - 9, 2013. On Feb 19, 2013 I collapsed in a grocer ...
More related studies for: Coreg, Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.