Review: could Cortisone acetate cause Blood clot in the legs (Deep venous thrombosis)?
Summary: Blood clot in the legs is found among people who take Cortisone acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Humira, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 3,298 people who have side effects while taking Cortisone acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Blood clot in the legs. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood clot in the legs and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Blood clot in the legs >>>
Cortisone acetate has active ingredients of cortisone acetate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Cortisone acetate 3,397 users)
Blood clot in the legs
Blood clot in the legs (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis) has been reported by people with birth control, pain, multiple myeloma, premenstrual syndrome, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Blood clot in the legs 42,666 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 3,297 people reported to have side effects when taking Cortisone acetate. Among them, 27 people (0.82%) have Blood Clot In The Legs.
Time on Cortisone acetate when people have Blood clot in the legs * :
Gender of people who have Blood clot in the legs when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Blood clot in the legs||78.79%||21.21% |
Age of people who have Blood clot in the legs when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Blood clot in the legs||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.33%||0.00%||16.67%||10.00%||70.00% |
Severity of Blood clot in the legs when taking Cortisone acetate ** :
How people recovered from Blood clot in the legs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 29.63%)
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 25.93%)
- Arthralgia (5 people, 18.52%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 18.52%)
- Headache (4 people, 14.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (9 people, 33.33%)
- Benadryl (8 people, 29.63%)
- Albuterol (8 people, 29.63%)
- Accupril (7 people, 25.93%)
- Vicodin (7 people, 25.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Clot In The Legs while taking Cortisone Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Blood Clot In The Legs
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate
- support group for people who have Blood Clot In The Legs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are there any issues with having a corticosteroid injection (hip) and flu shot in the same day?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who takes Cortisone Acetate)
Looking to determine if there is an issue with this combination. I have done both, today, but wasn't told there would be an issue. I mentioned it to a friend and they seem to believe it's a big issue.
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
- Safety of nattokinase
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Bleeding 4 Attacks, DVT, and takes Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium)
tooth removed needed 5 f red blood cells and 4 of plasma
- Is plavix safe to take for deep veiw thrombois
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, and takes Plavix)
I still end up with a blood clot to right leg I started up on lovenox for about10 years or more I was switched because I was told it was cheaper
- Effects of moringa on warfarin
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Dvt, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I am taking 11mg warfarin and find I have no energy. I am thinking of taking moringa, will this affect the warfarin?
More questions for: Cortisone acetate, Blood clot in the legs
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rigors with pulmonary embolism (2 responses)
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism)
I was recently diagnosed with DVT in my right lower leg and pulmonary embolism and hospitalized. .I am now on Warfarin.A week earlier, I experienced severe chills ( rigors) and pain in my right lung.I ignored it as a " virus".As it turns out, I was actually having a pulmonary embolism .If anyone has these symptoms they should get treatment.I was lucky as my DVT showed itself a week later and I finally brought treatment.I hope it helps others.
More reviews for: Cortisone acetate, Blood clot in the legs
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Sinusitis. The patient has Cough
Comments: Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Vitamin D, Crestor, Vyvanse, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Fatigue, Vitamin B-12 Level, High Blood Cholesterol, Traumatic Brain Injury, Sciatica. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Since the tbi I would have ringing every so often. Then recently it was almost all day. Had back pain and they started me med Pak cortisone. Have been on it before. Ring started.. Also on celebrex for pain. Allergic to asprin, Motrin and all NSAD meds. Stopped celebrex. Ringing stopped. Since I did ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Gout. The patient has Blood Clot In The Legs (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)
Comments: I am also on Quinapril for high blood pressure
I get gout sometimes and I was taking Prednisone 20 mg a day (every 12 hrs (took 14 pills in 2 weeks time) I did not take all the time
I want to know if this can cause blood clot in the leg. I developed a superficial blood clot in the leg and wa ...
- A study of side effects of Depo-provera for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)
Comments: I was on depo-provera from the time I was 15yrs old until I was 25. I have no experienced superficial and deep veing thrombosis in my right leg. I also get migraines with Aura and swelling in my right ankle
- A study of side effects of Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Accident. The patient has Injection
Comments: In 2001, I received various treatments for a car accident- among those cortisone injections (records indicate 36 in 49 days) in the upper back and neck area. Weight increased almost immediately. Less than a week or so- began to experience pain- lower back, upper thigh, and buttock areas. Intermitte ...
More related studies for: Cortisone acetate, Blood clot in the legs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.