Home > Cortisone acetate > Kidney stones > Cortisone acetate and Kidney stones
Review: could Cortisone acetate cause Kidney stones?
Summary: Kidney stones is found among people who take Cortisone acetate, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Celebrex, and have Pain.
We study 3,297 people who have side effects while taking Cortisone acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Kidney stones. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney stones and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Kidney stones >>>
Cortisone acetate (latest outcomes from 3,395 users) has active ingredients of cortisone acetate. It is often used in pain.
Kidney stones (latest reports from 106,532 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 3,296 people reported to have side effects when taking Cortisone acetate. Among them, 18 people (0.55%) have Kidney Stones.
Time on Cortisone acetate when people have Kidney stones * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney stones||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney stones when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Kidney stones||64.29%||35.71% |
Age of people who have Kidney stones when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Kidney stones||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||0.00%||69.23%||23.08% |
Severity of Kidney stones when taking Cortisone acetate ** :
How people recovered from Kidney stones ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 22.22%)
- Sarcoidosis (3 people, 16.67%)
- Menopause (3 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 16.67%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Celebrex (7 people, 38.89%)
- Acetaminophen (6 people, 33.33%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 33.33%)
- Oxycodone hcl (5 people, 27.78%)
- Ativan (4 people, 22.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Kidney Stones while taking Cortisone Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Kidney Stones
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate
- support group for people who have Kidney Stones
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are there any issues with having a corticosteroid injection (hip) and flu shot in the same day?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who takes Cortisone Acetate)
Looking to determine if there is an issue with this combination. I have done both, today, but wasn't told there would be an issue. I mentioned it to a friend and they seem to believe it's a big issue.
- Is glutathione and l carnitine safe to use when you have mitrwl valve prolapse and kidney stones?
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Prolapse, Kidney Stones, and takes Fluoxetine, Clonazepam)
I am 47 and in dire need of an effective weight loss supplement.Desperate to get a sound advice please.thank you!
- Hi, i have been diagnosed about 2months ago with a small hiatal hernia. i have been getting horrble itching skinrashes all over my body. can this be caused by the leaking acid?
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Hiatus Hernia Skin Rash, and takes Cortisone Acetate)
I have been to a state clinc, but the doctor there couldnt help me. Please if any one can help? It is painfully itchy
- Can you become addicted to metolazone?
(Asked by a 84 year old man who has Confusion, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Furosemide, Cortisone Acetate, Potassium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate)
He has been on the metolazone for some time and become low on sodium, potassium, and iron. They took him off of it cold turkey. Could there be side effects or possibly systems of some kind of detox?
- Does metformin cause kidney stones or kidney problems?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Stones - Kidney, Kidney Infection, Kidney Damage, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride, Metformin)
I am trying to find out if others that are or have taken metformin have experienced any kidney problems. Such as kidney stones, kidney infection or kidney damage in general. I personally have never had a kidney stone in my life until I started metformin. Please respond so we can get more warnings ou ...
More questions for: Cortisone acetate, Kidney stones
More reviews for: Cortisone acetate, Kidney stones
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: I think that I have kidney stones which is caused by my Mirena IUD?
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Cortisone Acetate for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Sinusitis. The patient has Cough
Comments: Cortisone shot and cough syrup with hydrocodone two weeks before cardiac arrest while exercising. No known hesrt problems and recently passed nuclesr stress test and low calcium score in h heart. Blood pressure 115 over 75
- A study of side effects of Levetiracetam for a patient with Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Nephrolithiasis (calculi in the kidneys)
Comments: Calcium oxalate
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Metformin, Crestor for a patient with Hair Loss, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B-12 Level, Diabetes Mellitus, Thyroid Disorder, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Low Density Lipoprotein. The patient has Kidney Stones
Comments: kidney stones
- A study of drug interactions between Cortisone Acetate, Lyrica for a patient with Sinusitis, Nerve Pain. The patient has C5/6 C6/7 Disks
Comments: Experiencing severe night sweats, could this be caused through the medication? Sleeping in summer pyjamas in mid winter and having to change two to three times a night.
More related studies for: Cortisone acetate, Kidney stones
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma Exacerbation Prophylaxis
- Advair Diskus 250/50
- Calcium D - Glucarate
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (2 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (10 hours ago)
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (7 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (7 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (1 day ago)