Review: could Cortisone acetate cause Stomach upset (Nausea and vomiting)?
Summary: Stomach upset is found among people who take Cortisone acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 3,301 people who have side effects while taking Cortisone acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 64 have Stomach upset. Find out below who they are, when they have Stomach upset and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Stomach upset >>>
Cortisone acetate has active ingredients of cortisone acetate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 3,400 Cortisone acetate users)
Stomach upset has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes, depression, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 142,502 Stomach upset patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 3,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Cortisone acetate. Among them, 95 people (2.88%) have Stomach Upset.
Time on Cortisone acetate when people have Stomach upset * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stomach upset||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stomach upset when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Stomach upset||78.95%||21.05% |
Age of people who have Stomach upset when taking Cortisone acetate * :
|Stomach upset||0.00%||1.23%||2.47%||4.94%||11.11%||20.99%||17.28%||41.98% |
Severity of Stomach upset when taking Cortisone acetate ** :
How people recovered from Stomach upset ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 11.58%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 6.32%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (6 people, 6.32%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (6 people, 6.32%)
- Crohn's disease (5 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (21 people, 22.11%)
- Omeprazole (16 people, 16.84%)
- Aspirin (16 people, 16.84%)
- Lorazepam (15 people, 15.79%)
- Cortisone acetate tab (12 people, 12.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cortisone acetate and stomach upset on
Do you have Stomach Upset while taking Cortisone Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate and have Stomach Upset
- support group for people who take Cortisone acetate
- support group for people who have Stomach Upset
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 34-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Thinking - Unclear, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Folic Acid, Methotrexate for a 71-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Skin Graft, Eyes - Yellow, Fatigue, Nausea And Vomiting, Confusional State, Tremor
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 18-year old girl with Abscess. The patient has Vomiting, Fever, Throat - Sore
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
Recent Cortisone acetate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clopidogrel, Irbesartan, Crestor, Cortisone Acetate, Meloxicam for a 53-year old man who has Meloxicam
- Comparions of Oxycodone, Methadone Hydrochloride, Cortisone Acetate for a 41-year old man who has Pain - Back
- Comparions of Prednisone, Cortisone Acetate for a 60-year old woman who has Reactive Arthritis
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Hydrocortisone, Cortisone Acetate (West Ward) - 25MG for a 73-year old man who has Adrenalectomy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.