Review: could Coumadin cause Blood in stool?
Summary: Blood in stool is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 72,230 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 187 have Blood in stool. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in stool and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Blood in stool >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,113 Coumadin users)
Blood in stool
Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, depression, weight loss, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,189 Blood in stool patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 72,230 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 187 people (0.26%) have Blood In Stool.
Time on Coumadin when people have Blood in stool * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood in stool||70.00%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Coumadin * :
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.56%||4.47%||4.47%||8.38%||82.12% |
Severity of Blood in stool when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Blood in stool ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (5 people, 2.67%)
- Prophylaxis (3 people, 1.60%)
- Obesity (2 people, 1.07%)
- Vitamin supplementation (2 people, 1.07%)
- Atrial fibrillation (2 people, 1.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (46 people, 24.60%)
- Lasix (39 people, 20.86%)
- Vioxx (34 people, 18.18%)
- Lanoxin (29 people, 15.51%)
- Digoxin (23 people, 12.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and blood in stool on
Do you have Blood In Stool while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Blood In Stool
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Blood In Stool
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Gabapentin, Prozac, Suboxone, Topamax for a 39-year old woman with Blood Clot - Lung, Pain, Depression, Withdrawal From Opioids, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Nerve Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Pulmonary Embolism, Neck Swelling, Neck Stiffness, Stuttering, Back Pain, Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable, Leg Cramps, Low Temp Fever For 3 Months, Pins And Needles In Hands And Feet, Tia
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Skelaxin, Alprazolam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Coumadin, Levaquin for a 55-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Pain, Neck Pain, Sleep Disorder, Diuretic Effect, Blood Clots, Urinary Tract Infection. The patient has Feeling Cold
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.