Coumadin and Blood in stool - from FDA reports
Blood in stool is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Blood in stool with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 187 people (0.18%) have Blood in stool
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Blood in stool *:
- < 1 month: 44.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.22 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 11.11 %
Gender of people who have Blood in stool when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 49.45 %
- male: 50.55 %
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.62 %
- 30-39: 4.94 %
- 40-49: 4.94 %
- 50-59: 9.26 %
- 60+: 80.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 1.60%)
- Thrombosis (2 people, 1.07%)
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 1.07%)
- Surgery (1 person, 0.53%)
- Pulmonary Embolism (1 person, 0.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (38 people, 20.32%)
- Vioxx (31 people, 16.58%)
- Lanoxin (29 people, 15.51%)
- Digoxin (23 people, 12.30%)
- Vasotec (20 people, 10.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased (73 people, 39.04%)
- Weakness (38 people, 20.32%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (34 people, 18.18%)
- Fatigue (22 people, 11.76%)
- Haematocrit Decreased (20 people, 10.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blood in stool when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is blood in stool caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlood in stool and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlood in stool and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Blood in stool
Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, weight loss, high blood cholesterol, obesity (latest reports from 3,204 Blood in stool patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood in stoolBlood in stool
Could your condition cause Blood in stoolBlood in stool
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took a 25mg meclizine tablet at night & in the morning for vertigo for about a week. On the last day I noticed blood in my stools. I looked it up and found your site. I haven't taken any more since then, and this morning there is just a tiny bit of blood. My question is, is this a long lasting ...
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
User reviews to the study
I have had mild acid reflux for about 6 months. I have quit drinking orange juice straight. It is now 50/50 with water. I started taking Nexium just last Saturday and have blood in the stool. Why does Nexium cause that? Thank you. RLN
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...