Review: could Coumadin cause Blurred vision (Vision problems)?
Summary: Blurred vision is reported only by a few people who take Coumadin.
We study 72,215 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Blurred vision. Find out below who they are, when they have Blurred vision and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Blurred vision >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 75,095 users)
Blurred vision has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, generalized anxiety disorder, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Blurred vision 178 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 72,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 2 people (0.00%) have Blurred Vision.
Time on Coumadin when people have Blurred vision * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blurred vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blurred vision when taking Coumadin * :
|Blurred vision||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Blurred vision when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blurred vision||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blurred vision ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blurred vision||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Weight gain - unintentional (1 people, 50.00%)
- Nasal decongestion therapy (1 people, 50.00%)
- Asthma (1 people, 50.00%)
- Lupus-like syndrome (1 people, 50.00%)
- Kidney disease (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (1 people, 50.00%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 50.00%)
- Metformin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Combivent (1 people, 50.00%)
- Flonase (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Robert (3 years ago):
After a month on warafin I developed blurred vision, with pain in eyes.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blurred Vision while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Blurred Vision
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Blurred Vision
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Coumadin, Blurred vision
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- Prednisone side effects (1 response)
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR to rise too high. ny comments ? Its Sunday. No need to say more.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Blurred vision
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- I took Estrogel for approximately 6 months to a year to alleviate dryness and itchiness and it worked great. About 4 months ago, my vision took a bit hit with a lot of blurriness so I quit taking it. We have moved to Costa Rica to retire and in the physical to apply for health insurance my urinal ...
- I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
More related studies for: Coumadin, Blurred vision
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.