Review: could Coumadin cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Paxil, and have Depression.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Completed suicide >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,116 Coumadin users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 36,358 Completed suicide patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 38 people (0.05%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Coumadin when people have Completed suicide * :
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Coumadin * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.50%||7.50%||17.50%||72.50% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 39.47%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 13.16%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (3 people, 7.89%)
- Insulin-requiring type ii diabetes mellitus (2 people, 5.26%)
- Bipolar i disorder (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil (9 people, 23.68%)
- Atenolol (9 people, 23.68%)
- Ambien (8 people, 21.05%)
- Lanoxin (7 people, 18.42%)
- Accupril (6 people, 15.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and completed suicide on
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Bi-lateral Saddle Pe And Dvt. The patient has Memory Issues
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 71-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Cataract
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Baclofen for a 70-year old woman with Dvt And Venous Insufficiency, Pain.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 87-year old man with Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Levaquin, Jantoven, Synthroid for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension, Acute Bronchitis, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Knee Pain
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.