Review: could Coumadin cause Cough?
Summary: Cough is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,215 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,751 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Cough >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 75,095 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Cough 73,998 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 72,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 1,751 people (2.42%) have Cough.
Time on Coumadin when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Cough when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Cough when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (125 people, 7.14%)
- Osteoporosis (98 people, 5.60%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (96 people, 5.48%)
- Atrial fibrillation (92 people, 5.25%)
- Depression (87 people, 4.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (469 people, 26.78%)
- Lasix (406 people, 23.19%)
- Zometa (397 people, 22.67%)
- Aredia (330 people, 18.85%)
- Digoxin (324 people, 18.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Cough
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Cough
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mother was heart patient .mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from golbladder stone. is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion . (2 answers)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Gallstones, Pain And Vomiting, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
My mother was heart patient.Mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from gollbladder stone.Due to this some time she is feeling pain sometimes. Is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion Please repply.
- Caugh taking velicade but been taking for long time just starting cough
(Asked by a 78 year old man who has Cough, and takes Velcade)
Been taking Velicade for 5 yrs never had problems before. Being treated for MM
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
More questions for: Coumadin, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Cough, Chest Tightness, Sinusitis, and takes Levaquin)
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
More reviews for: Coumadin, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Uti - Recurrent (recurrent urinary tract infection)
Comments: I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of side effects of Methadone Hydrochloride for a patient with Drug Addiction. The patient has Fatigue (feeling of tiredness), Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Fever, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Stomach Discomfort (pain in abdomen), Sinus Headache (headache caused by sinus infections), Allodynia (other pain), Cough
Comments: Began 3 weeks ago with congestion and coughing. Nausea followed, then fever and sinus pressure. Allodynia is the most recent symptom. Has a history of shingles, however the pain has lasted more than 5 days without any blistering or rashes.
More related studies for: Coumadin, Cough
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.