Review: could Coumadin cause Emotional distress?
Summary: Emotional distress is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,322 have Emotional distress. Find out below who they are, when they have Emotional distress and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Emotional distress >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,114 Coumadin users)
Emotional distress has been reported by people with birth control, coronary artery bypass, pain, acne, depression. (latest reports from 34,007 Emotional distress patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 72,234 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 1,322 people (1.83%) have Emotional Distress.
Time on Coumadin when people have Emotional distress * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Emotional distress||5.56%||50.00%||3.33%||8.89%||12.22%||10.00%||10.00% |
Age of people who have Emotional distress when taking Coumadin * :
|Emotional distress||0.00%||0.07%||0.67%||1.80%||4.57%||13.27%||29.46%||50.15% |
Severity of Emotional distress when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Emotional distress ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (167 people, 12.63%)
- Pain (139 people, 10.51%)
- Angiogram (109 people, 8.25%)
- Hypertension (89 people, 6.73%)
- Breast cancer (80 people, 6.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (615 people, 46.52%)
- Trasylol (414 people, 31.32%)
- Zometa (401 people, 30.33%)
- Heparin (356 people, 26.93%)
- Aspirin (336 people, 25.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Coumadin and emotional distress on
Do you have Emotional Distress while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Emotional Distress
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Emotional Distress
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Torsemide, Digoxin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Rate Control, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 85-year old woman with Atrial Flutter. The patient has Loose Stools, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Neulasta, Coumadin, Prozac, Taxol for a 66-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ, Blood Clots, Depression. The patient has Pain - Hip
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 84-year old woman with Artificial Heart Valve.
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.