Coumadin and Emotional distress - from FDA reports
Emotional distress is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Emotional distress with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 05, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 1,410 people (1.34%) have Emotional distress
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Emotional distress *:
- < 1 month: 9.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.38 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 17.19 %
- 10+ years: 15.62 %
Gender of people who have Emotional distress when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 51.14 %
- male: 48.86 %
Age of people who have Emotional distress when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.81 %
- 20-29: 2.43 %
- 30-39: 4.85 %
- 40-49: 12.94 %
- 50-59: 29.21 %
- 60+: 49.6 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (192 people, 13.62%)
- Multiple Myeloma (175 people, 12.41%)
- Pain (119 people, 8.44%)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (115 people, 8.16%)
- Mitral Valve Replacement (104 people, 7.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (561 people, 39.79%)
- Zometa (426 people, 30.21%)
- Trasylol (390 people, 27.66%)
- Heparin (333 people, 23.62%)
- Digoxin (293 people, 20.78%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (1,223 people, 86.74%)
- Stress And Anxiety (1,150 people, 81.56%)
- Injury (867 people, 61.49%)
- Anhedonia (559 people, 39.65%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (473 people, 33.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Emotional distress when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is emotional distress caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEmotional distress and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEmotional distress and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Emotional distress has been reported by people with birth control, pain, acne, coronary artery bypass, depression (latest reports from 50,357 Emotional distress patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Emotional distressEmotional distress
Could your condition cause Emotional distressEmotional distress
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)
Whenever I try to take the calcium/vit. D supplement as prescribed, I get severe epigastric pain to the point that I am unable to eat anything and actually have a hard time even drinking as well. I will take it for 2 days before I can't stand it and then remain I'll for about 4 more days. I have ...
User reviews to the study
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...