Coumadin and Fluid retention - from FDA reports
Fluid retention is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Tracleer, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Fluid retention with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 1,543 people (1.47%) have Fluid retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Fluid retention *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fluid retention when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 69 %
- male: 31 %
Age of people who have Fluid retention when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.33 %
- 20-29: 0.98 %
- 30-39: 6.12 %
- 40-49: 9.87 %
- 50-59: 17.29 %
- 60+: 65.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (732 people, 47.44%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (170 people, 11.02%)
- Cor Pulmonale Chronic (43 people, 2.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 2.46%)
- Depression (29 people, 1.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tracleer (448 people, 29.03%)
- Lasix (345 people, 22.36%)
- Revatio (292 people, 18.92%)
- Letairis (285 people, 18.47%)
- Adcirca (193 people, 12.51%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (559 people, 36.23%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (286 people, 18.54%)
- Oedema Peripheral (272 people, 17.63%)
- Weight Increased (255 people, 16.53%)
- Fatigue (198 people, 12.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fluid retention when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is fluid retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFluid retention and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFluid retention and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Fluid retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Fluid retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Fluid retentionFluid retention
Could your condition cause Fluid retentionFluid retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)
User reviews to the study
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!
I am waiting for Hyperparathyroid surgery. I have taken Furosemide for several years because of swollen ankles. The fluid caused blisters to form from my ankles to mid calf. The blisters have almost all gone but I am still left with fluid right up to the top of my shins and really dry and ...
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...