Home > Coumadin > Hair loss > Coumadin and Hair loss
Review: could Coumadin cause Hair loss?
We study 72,203 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 835 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Hair loss >>>
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,079 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 72,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 835 people (1.16%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coumadin when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||35.14%||18.92%||29.73%||8.11%||2.70%||5.41% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coumadin * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.29%||0.58%||2.59%||5.18%||8.49%||17.84%||65.04% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||22.22%||33.33%||44.44%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (82 people, 9.82%)
- Depression (51 people, 6.11%)
- Thrombosis (50 people, 5.99%)
- Breast cancer (49 people, 5.87%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 5.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (134 people, 16.05%)
- Synthroid (119 people, 14.25%)
- Aspirin (107 people, 12.81%)
- Zometa (97 people, 11.62%)
- Prilosec (83 people, 9.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coumadin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Coumadin and have Hair Loss
- group for people who take Coumadin
- group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I have Lyme disease and need to take strong antibiotics,like azithromax,Bixin, or ceftin. I need to know how these affect coumadin since Rifampin, also considered, reduces effects of bloodthining with coumadin.
From this study (4 years ago):
I used to have massively thick, gorgeous hair. Six months after beginning therapy with Warfarin, my hair fell out in enormous clumps - wads of hair in my hand. I have continually lost hair in the 15 years I have been on Warfarin, and will need to be on it the rest of my life. I have now lost 80% of my hair! My hair is now thin and fine, and my scalp shows through my hair. Does anyone have any ideas that can help me, please!?
From this study (4 years ago):
diana on May, 3, 2010:
my mother takes coumadin 4mg bayer 81mg for mechanical heart valve and atrial fib, vasotec metroprolol liptor gemfribrozil, is manganes 10mg safe for her what other vitamins?
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coumadin, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
More reviews for: Coumadin, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Coumadin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coumadin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (13 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (13 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (22 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (38 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Pain Relief
- Diclofenac Sodium
- Enterobius Vermicularis