Home > Coumadin > Hair loss > Coumadin and Hair loss
Review: could Coumadin cause Hair loss?
We study 72,203 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 835 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Hair loss >>>
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,082 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 72,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 835 people (1.16%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Coumadin when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||0.00%||35.14%||18.92%||29.73%||8.11%||2.70%||5.41% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Coumadin * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.29%||0.58%||2.59%||5.18%||8.49%||17.84%||65.04% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||22.22%||33.33%||44.44%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||20.00%||0.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (82 people, 9.82%)
- Depression (51 people, 6.11%)
- Thrombosis (50 people, 5.99%)
- Breast cancer (49 people, 5.87%)
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 5.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (134 people, 16.05%)
- Synthroid (119 people, 14.25%)
- Aspirin (107 people, 12.81%)
- Zometa (97 people, 11.62%)
- Prilosec (83 people, 9.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Coumadin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coumadin, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Coumadin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coumadin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Coumadin, Hair loss
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Coumadin, Hair loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (23 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (27 minutes ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (39 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (51 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Stools Pale Or Clay Colored
- Sex Delayed Ejaculation
- Gan Jiang