Review: could Coumadin cause Hernia?
Summary: Hernia is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Back pain.
We study 72,230 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 168 have Hernia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hernia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Hernia >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,111 Coumadin users)
Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, dialysis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 7,017 Hernia patients)
On Feb, 3, 2015: 72,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 174 people (0.24%) have Hernia.
Time on Coumadin when people have Hernia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Hernia when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Hernia when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Hernia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (21 people, 12.07%)
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 10.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (16 people, 9.20%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (14 people, 8.05%)
- Atrial fibrillation (13 people, 7.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (48 people, 27.59%)
- Zometa (44 people, 25.29%)
- Fosamax (39 people, 22.41%)
- Lisinopril (30 people, 17.24%)
- Vioxx (28 people, 16.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
ashley (3 years ago):
I was put on coumadin after i broke my neck in April 2007 right before i turned 18 years old. I was on it for a year and i was also on lovenox shots for about 3-5 weeks a long with the coumadin at fist. now at the age of 23 i just had my first hernia repair and i am two weeks into recovery and just developed a second hernia that is that size of a small grape. for being in very good health and 23 years old. The blood thinners seems to the only logical reason why i would develop a hernia let alone two of them.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hernia while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Hernia
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Hernia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Gabapentin, Prozac, Suboxone, Topamax for a 39-year old woman with Blood Clot - Lung, Pain, Depression, Withdrawal From Opioids, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Nerve Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Pulmonary Embolism, Neck Swelling, Neck Stiffness, Stuttering, Back Pain, Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable, Leg Cramps, Low Temp Fever For 3 Months, Pins And Needles In Hands And Feet, Tia
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 44-year old woman with Deep Vein Thrombosis. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Coumadin, Fish Oil, Metoprolol Succinate, Fenofibrate, Lipitor for a 52-year old woman with Hypertension, Stroke Secondary To Atherosclerosis, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Burning Feet Syndrome, Pain Exacerbated
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.