Coumadin and Hernia - from FDA reports
Hernia is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Hernia with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 16, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 275 people (0.26%) have Hernia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Coumadin when people have Hernia *:
- < 1 month: 10 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 30 %
- 5 - 10 years: 20 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hernia when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 40.61 %
- male: 59.39 %
Age of people who have Hernia when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.47 %
- 10-19: 0.47 %
- 20-29: 2.35 %
- 30-39: 0.94 %
- 40-49: 9.39 %
- 50-59: 18.78 %
- 60+: 67.61 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (37 people, 13.45%)
- Multiple Myeloma (32 people, 11.64%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (24 people, 8.73%)
- Osteoporosis (23 people, 8.36%)
- Back Pain (23 people, 8.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (58 people, 21.09%)
- Zometa (52 people, 18.91%)
- Fosamax (42 people, 15.27%)
- Lisinopril (37 people, 13.45%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 11.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (62 people, 22.55%)
- Nausea (57 people, 20.73%)
- Pain (52 people, 18.91%)
- High Blood Pressure (50 people, 18.18%)
- Back Pain (48 people, 17.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hernia when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is hernia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHernia and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHernia and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, crohn's disease (latest reports from 13,282 Hernia patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HerniaHernia
Could your condition cause HerniaHernia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)
User reviews to the study
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...
I've had chronic hematospermia going on three years now. It has never stopped but is sometimes less sever. I discovered it when my PCP prescribed a blood pressure medication that caused me to cough incessantly to the point of throwing up. I had a coughing spell one morning in the shower that ...