Review: could Coumadin cause Multiple myeloma?
Summary: Multiple myeloma is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 469 have Multiple myeloma. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple myeloma and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Multiple myeloma >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,116 Coumadin users)
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 63,298 Multiple myeloma patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 469 people (0.65%) have Multiple Myeloma.
Time on Coumadin when people have Multiple myeloma * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Multiple myeloma||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||8.33%||25.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Multiple myeloma when taking Coumadin * :
|Multiple myeloma||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.58%||13.51%||23.87%||61.04% |
Severity of Multiple myeloma when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Multiple myeloma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (302 people, 64.39%)
- Osteoporosis (48 people, 10.23%)
- Bone loss (36 people, 7.68%)
- Neoplasm malignant (31 people, 6.61%)
- Pain (21 people, 4.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (271 people, 57.78%)
- Aredia (256 people, 54.58%)
- Revlimid (232 people, 49.47%)
- Dexamethasone (150 people, 31.98%)
- Decadron (146 people, 31.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and multiple myeloma on
Do you have Multiple Myeloma while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Multiple Myeloma
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Losartan, Cellcept, Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 34-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Lupus Anticoagulants, Lupus Nephritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Stress Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Torsemide, Digoxin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Rate Control, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 85-year old woman with Atrial Flutter. The patient has Loose Stools, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Neulasta, Coumadin, Prozac, Taxol for a 66-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ, Blood Clots, Depression. The patient has Pain - Hip
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.