Review: could Coumadin cause Nausea?
Summary: Nausea is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4,555 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nausea >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,116 Coumadin users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 264,835 Nausea patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 4,555 people (6.31%) have Nausea.
Time on Coumadin when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (320 people, 7.03%)
- Osteoporosis (270 people, 5.93%)
- Multiple myeloma (262 people, 5.75%)
- Pain (255 people, 5.60%)
- Hypertension (179 people, 3.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (1,164 people, 25.55%)
- Aspirin (951 people, 20.88%)
- Digoxin (792 people, 17.39%)
- Zometa (638 people, 14.01%)
- Lipitor (571 people, 12.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and nausea on
Do you have Nausea while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Nausea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 71-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Cataract
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon, Nausea, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Baclofen for a 70-year old woman with Dvt And Venous Insufficiency, Pain.
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
- A study of side effects of Celexa for a 53-year old woman with Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Side Pain, Appetite Disorder Nos, Feeling Full Without Eating, Nausea, Pain - Back, Abdominal Pain Upper
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.