Review: could Coumadin cause Nausea?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 21, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 68,272 people who take Coumadin. Among them, 4,412 have Nausea. See who they are, when they have Nausea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,018 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots, atrial fibrillation/flutter. Commonly reported side effects of Coumadin include international normalised ratio increased, dyspnoea exacerbated, breathing difficulty, weakness, nausea.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,867,990 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Feb, 21, 2014: 68,263 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 4,412 people (6.46%) have Nausea.
Time on Coumadin when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (318 people, 7.21%)
- Osteoporosis (261 people, 5.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (256 people, 5.80%)
- Pain (249 people, 5.64%)
- Hypertension (176 people, 3.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (1,144 people, 25.93%)
- Aspirin (928 people, 21.03%)
- Digoxin (784 people, 17.77%)
- Zometa (613 people, 13.89%)
- Lipitor (564 people, 12.78%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Coumadin, Nausea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used for blood clots. Find out below the conditions Coumadin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Coumadin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Coumadin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Coumadin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
my normal body temp is 97.2; since on warfarin, have experienced daily spiking fevers/chills/sweats from 98.9 to 100.3. it was the worst last night at 100.3; then 20 minutes later it dropped to 99.7 without any tylenol or other aid. Nausea comes and goes for no reason at all. Hopefully, I will be able to discontinue this post surgical treatment (tomorrow will be the 30th day) since they have been able to pull my INR to 2. In the hospital and Rehab center, my INR went from 1.8 to 1.1.
From this study (2 years ago):
diagnosed with mBC in the bones. Fairly advanced, working to manage pain.
nl_adams on Jul, 3, 2012:
Does xeloda aggravate shingles and if so for how long?
From this study (2 years ago):
I found out I had Leiden after I had 5 painful surgeries to remove blood clots from my arm. After stopping the Warfarin I developed more clots in the arm.
I found a Hemotologist and have been working with him to keep my arm. IF YOU HAVE LEIDEN PLEASE SEE A HEMOTOLOGIST. There are two kinds of Leiden (one or two "bad" genes). A surgeon wont give you any after care... they only cut you- they wont CURE you. God bless.
Appleton WI on Feb, 13, 2012:
12MG Warfarin ..... NOT 1MG. Unable to correct the error.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Coumadin, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
- Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
More reviews for: Coumadin, Nausea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium - 7.5MG for a patient with Treatment - Post Surgery. The patient has Fever, Chills And Sweats, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium - 1MG for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Nightsweats, Bruising, Inability To Heal, Muscle Weakness, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine Sulfate, Phenergan, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lyrica, Vitamin D, Advair Hfa, Warfarin Sodium, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain Management, Nausea, Atrial Fibrillation, Thyroid Disorder, Pain In Limb, Asthma, Nervous System Disorder. The patient has Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Xeloda, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Lasix, Gemfibrozil, Coumadin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Digoxin, Zometa, Ultram for a patient with Metastases To Bone, Vertigo Positional, Potassium - Low, Edema, High Blood Cholesterol, Pacemaker, Bone Cancer Metastatic, Pain Management. The patient has Nausea, Confusion, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Agitation Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Lisinopril, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Aspirin for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Lymphedema, Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Dizziness, Breathing - Rapid And Shallow, Nausea Aggravated, Chest Tightness, Weakness
More related studies for: Coumadin, Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.