Review: could Coumadin cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 72,215 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,559 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nose bleeds >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 75,095 users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.(latest reports from Nose bleeds 23,938 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 72,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 1,559 people (2.16%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Coumadin when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||25.00%||28.57%||6.25%||16.96%||17.86%||1.79%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Coumadin * :
|Nose bleeds||0.22%||0.37%||0.22%||0.82%||3.73%||6.94%||13.12%||74.57% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (175 people, 11.23%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (77 people, 4.94%)
- Pain (61 people, 3.91%)
- Osteoporosis (50 people, 3.21%)
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 2.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (371 people, 23.80%)
- Lasix (354 people, 22.71%)
- Zometa (182 people, 11.67%)
- Digoxin (178 people, 11.42%)
- Plavix (159 people, 10.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mother was heart patient .mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from golbladder stone. is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion . (2 answers)
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Gallstones, Pain And Vomiting, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
My mother was heart patient.Mitral valve changed with metallic valve in 1999. now she is suffering from gollbladder stone.Due to this some time she is feeling pain sometimes. Is it possible to do next surgery or what is the treatment suggestion Please repply.
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
More questions for: Coumadin, Nose bleeds
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Pulmonary Embolisms, Transient Ischemic Attacks, and takes Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Nose bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Curcumin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Avapro, Protonix, Lasix, Ativan, Coumadin for a patient with Joint Stiffness, High Blood Cholesterol, Ulcer - Stomach, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Anxiety, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Hallucination, Visual, Dizziness
Comments: Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- A study of side effects of Loratadine for a patient with Allergies. The patient has Loss Of Coordination, Disorientation (disability in which the senses of time, direction, and recognition of people and places), Headache - Migraine Without Aura (common migraine), Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose), Excess Need For Sleep, Forgetfulness
Comments: Loratadine was prescribed for "sinus headaches" by pediatric doctor, medicine has had no significant impact on allergies or the headaches it was originally prescribed for. Listed symptoms first noticed after approx. 1 to 1.5 years of continuous use.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Pulmonary Artery Thrombosis. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Comments: Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Uti - Recurrent (recurrent urinary tract infection)
Comments: I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
More related studies for: Coumadin, Nose bleeds
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.