Review: could Coumadin cause Nose bleeds (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Nose bleeds is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 72,233 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,559 have Nose bleeds. Find out below who they are, when they have Nose bleeds and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nose bleeds >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,114 Coumadin users)
Nose bleeds (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 23,979 Nose bleeds patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 1,559 people (2.16%) have Nose Bleeds.
Time on Coumadin when people have Nose bleeds * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Nose bleeds||25.00%||28.57%||6.25%||16.96%||17.86%||1.79%||3.57% |
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Coumadin * :
|Nose bleeds||0.22%||0.37%||0.22%||0.82%||3.73%||6.94%||13.12%||74.57% |
Severity of Nose bleeds when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Nose bleeds||25.00%||50.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Nose bleeds ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Nose bleeds||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (175 people, 11.23%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (77 people, 4.94%)
- Pain (61 people, 3.91%)
- Osteoporosis (50 people, 3.21%)
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 2.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (371 people, 23.80%)
- Lasix (354 people, 22.71%)
- Zometa (182 people, 11.67%)
- Digoxin (178 people, 11.42%)
- Plavix (159 people, 10.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and nose bleeds on
Do you have Nose Bleeds while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Nose Bleeds
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 26-year old man with Protein C Deficiency, Pulmonary Embolism, Factor Ii Gene Mutation. The patient has Bloodshot Eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Lipitor, Diazepam, Furosemide, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Warfarin Sodium, Mirtazapine, Abilify, Norco for a 53-year old man with Hbp, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Congestive Heart Failure, Heart Valve Incompetence, Depression, Mood Disorder, Back Pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Coumadin for a 50-year old woman with Blood Thinner. The patient has Spider Fingers (a condition in which the fingers are abnormally long and slender in comparison to the palm of the hand)
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Gabapentin, Prozac, Suboxone, Topamax for a 39-year old woman with Blood Clot - Lung, Pain, Depression, Withdrawal From Opioids, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Nerve Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Pulmonary Embolism, Neck Swelling, Neck Stiffness, Stuttering, Back Pain, Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable, Leg Cramps, Low Temp Fever For 3 Months, Pins And Needles In Hands And Feet, Tia
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.