Review: could Coumadin cause Numbness in feet (Numbness in hands or feet)?
Summary: Numbness in feet is reported only by a few people who take Coumadin.
We study 72,215 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Numbness in feet. Find out below who they are, when they have Numbness in feet and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Numbness in feet >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 75,095 users)
Numbness in feet
On Dec, 1, 2014: 72,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 3 people (0.00%) have Numbness In Feet.
Time on Coumadin when people have Numbness in feet * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Numbness in feet||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Numbness in feet when taking Coumadin * :
|Numbness in feet||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Numbness in feet when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Numbness in feet||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Numbness in feet ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Numbness in feet||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 66.67%)
- Thyroid function test abnormal (1 people, 33.33%)
- Heart rate irregular (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hormone replacement therapy (1 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (1 people, 33.33%)
- Prednisone (1 people, 33.33%)
- Cellcept (1 people, 33.33%)
- Levoxyl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Prempro (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Numbness In Feet while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Numbness In Feet
- support group for people who take Coumadin
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin (2 answers)
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
More questions for: Coumadin, Numbness in feet
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Numbness between toes
(Posted by a 48 year old woman who has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, and takes Cymbalta)
This summer I flip flops, with the strap between my toes, almost exclusively. When I switched this fall to regular shoes I noticed a strange, numb sensation between my big toe and second toe. At first I thought it had something to do with the flip flops and thought it would go away. It has been a f ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Viagra causes numbness in feet
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Numbness In Feet, and takes Viagra)
When I take Viagra numbness in my feet intensifies and is lingering.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Numbness in feet
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition (sleeplessness related to another mental condition), Chapped Hands (dry and cracker hands), Fear, Focus, Shivering (felling of cold), Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Cold Sweat, Compulsions (performing an act persistently and repetitively), Panic Attacks, Costochondritis (chest wall pain), Stubbornness (dark personality traits), Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs), Fear Of Crowded Places, Fear Of Public Speaking (fear to go in social), Shortness Of Breath, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Hands and feet always cold, even in hot weather. Smallest toe specifically gets numb. Feeling overwhelmed in large crowds or small spaces. Overthinking and anxiety all the time. Sweating even in cold weather. Panic attacks weekly. Get scared easily, jump when a loud sudden noise appears. Can't sleep ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Uti - Recurrent (recurrent urinary tract infection)
Comments: I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Xanax, Soma for a patient with Insomnia, Separation Anxiety, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: The has been coming on for quite a few years but I thought it was from shoes worn when younger. In 2013 it was too noticeable to be ignored and I was told it was plural neuropathy and it was permanent. No treatment was recommended.Have had chronic insomnia for 21 years. Some helps with DDD.
- A study of drug interactions between Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Venastat, Vitamin D, Warfarin Sodium, Spironolactone, Lisinopril, Januvia, Hydrochlorothiazide, Levemir, Humalog, Glimepiride, Furosemide, Carvedilol, Pravastatin Sodium, Digoxin, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Joint Pain, Swollen Ankles And Kneew, General Health, Atrial Fibrillation, Congestive Heart Failure, Diabetes, Atrial Tachycardia. The patient has Personality Changes, Anger, Fixation On A Desired Purchase, Memory Problems
Comments: Over past year, symptoms of mental slowness and inability to process data to a final result observed. During past month, frustration and anger has erupted with little or no provocation. Cognitive ability decreased. Balance somewhat compromised. Desire to purchase an RV has increased over 11 month ...
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
More related studies for: Coumadin, Numbness in feet
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.