Review: could Coumadin cause Phlebitis (Thrombophlebitis)?
Summary: Phlebitis is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 356 have Phlebitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Phlebitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Phlebitis >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,116 Coumadin users)
Phlebitis (inflammation of the walls of a vein) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 7,099 Phlebitis patients)
On Apr, 10, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 356 people (0.49%) have Phlebitis.
Time on Coumadin when people have Phlebitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Phlebitis when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Phlebitis when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Phlebitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (37 people, 10.39%)
- Oedema (31 people, 8.71%)
- Osteoporosis (27 people, 7.58%)
- Metastases to bone (26 people, 7.30%)
- Anxiety (26 people, 7.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (121 people, 33.99%)
- Zometa (104 people, 29.21%)
- Aspirin (100 people, 28.09%)
- Ativan (89 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (87 people, 24.44%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of coumadin and phlebitis on
Do you have Phlebitis while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Phlebitis
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Phlebitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Warfarin Sodium, Amiodarone Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Zantac 150, Mirtazapine, Synthroid for a 81-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Pressure, Gastritis, Anxiety Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Confusional State
- A study of drug interactions between Candesartan Cilexetil, Simvastatin, Coumadin for a 60-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Tendonitis Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Losartan, Cellcept, Oxycodone, Morphine Sulfate, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 34-year old woman with Fibromyalgia, Lupus Anticoagulants, Lupus Nephritis, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Stress Urinary Incontinence
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of drug interactions between Coumadin, Torsemide, Digoxin, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 77-year old woman with Atrial Fibrillation, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Rate Control, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled.
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.