Coumadin and Rectal bleeding - from FDA reports
Rectal bleeding is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Lasix, and have Cerebral infarction. This review analyzes which people have Rectal bleeding with Coumadin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 105,023 people who have side effects when taking Coumadin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
105,023 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin.
Among them, 193 people (0.18%) have Rectal bleeding
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Coumadin *:
- female: 46.24 %
- male: 53.76 %
Age of people who have Rectal bleeding when taking Coumadin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.59 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.59 %
- 30-39: 1.18 %
- 40-49: 7.1 %
- 50-59: 13.61 %
- 60+: 76.92 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Spinocerebellar Disorder (1 person, 0.52%)
- High Blood Pressure (1 person, 0.52%)
- Depression (1 person, 0.52%)
- Cerebral Infarction (1 person, 0.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (45 people, 23.32%)
- Lanoxin (32 people, 16.58%)
- Vasotec (18 people, 9.33%)
- Digoxin (17 people, 8.81%)
- Lipitor (16 people, 8.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- International Normalised Ratio Increased (61 people, 31.61%)
- Blood In Stool (20 people, 10.36%)
- Weakness (18 people, 9.33%)
- Nosebleed (17 people, 8.81%)
- Haematuria Present (17 people, 8.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Rectal bleeding when taking Coumadin?
- Check symptoms - is rectal bleeding caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRectal bleeding and drugs with ingredients of warfarin sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRectal bleeding and Coumadin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 109,184 users)
Rectal bleeding (bleeding from rectum) has been reported by people with bladder discomfort, depression, rosacea, hiatal hernia, fluid retention (latest reports from 3,191 Rectal bleeding patients).
Browse all side effects of Coumadina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Rectal bleedingRectal bleeding
Could your condition cause Rectal bleedingRectal bleeding
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Diagnosed with Budd Chiari Syndrome 16years ago. Had 2 TIPS procedures in that time to clear occlusion in hepatic vein, last one quite recently. Research says marijuana can help with pain, fatigue and maybe have an effect on cirrhosis. Not keen on smoking so looking for the cleanest way to take ...
Since adding Tamsulosin to my list of drugs I recognized an increasing of impotence which I suppose was caused by medications. I was ALLRIGHT when using Coumadin (Sintron 2mg daily ) and Bisoprolol Fumarate (Corbis 5mg daily)
User reviews to the study
Hi started on my whole face with efudex 6 days ago , 2 days ago I notice blood coming from anus .......is this a side effect that will just go away ? Not something I am used to seeing ....I am 62 female .....in canada thank you
I had negative side effects from oral baclofen. Ischemic stroke in 2009. I take warfarin every night to prevent blood clots. Left-side hemiplegia. Left-side [leg, wrist, hand,fingers hypertonicity and spasticity]. Considering baclofen pump to help with extreme hypertonicity and ...
I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...