Review: could Coumadin cause Sudden hearing loss?
Summary: Sudden hearing loss is reported only by a few people who take Coumadin.
We study 72,234 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Coumadin and have Sudden hearing loss >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from 75,114 Coumadin users)
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden hearing loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,041 Sudden hearing loss patients)
On Apr, 8, 2015: 72,233 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Time on Coumadin when people have Sudden hearing loss * :
Age of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Coumadin * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Sudden hearing loss when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Sudden hearing loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Headache (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 25.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Valium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Doxepin hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Adcirca (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 50.00%)
- Botox (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Hearing Loss while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Sudden Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 85-year old woman with Atrial Flutter. The patient has Loose Stools, Drowsiness
- A study of drug interactions between Neulasta, Coumadin, Prozac, Taxol for a 66-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ, Blood Clots, Depression. The patient has Pain - Hip
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ranitidine, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium for a 57-year old woman with Arthritis, Over Acid Stomach, Atrial Flutter. The patient has Cholestasis
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 84-year old woman with Artificial Heart Valve.
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a 56-year old woman with Bi-lateral Saddle Pe And Dvt. The patient has Memory Issues
Recent Coumadin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.