Home > Coumadin > Sudden hearing loss > Coumadin and Sudden hearing loss
Review: could Coumadin cause Sudden hearing loss?
We study 72,207 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Sudden hearing loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden hearing loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Sudden hearing loss >>>
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,087 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Sudden hearing loss
Sudden hearing loss (latest reports from 3,770 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 72,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Sudden Hearing Loss.
Time on Coumadin when people have Sudden hearing loss * :
Age of people who have Sudden hearing loss when taking Coumadin * :
|Sudden hearing loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Sudden hearing loss when taking Coumadin ** :
How people recovered from Sudden hearing loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Pulmonary hypertension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Headache (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 25.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Valium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Doxepin hcl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Adcirca (2 people, 50.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 50.00%)
- Botox (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Hearing Loss while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Sudden Hearing Loss
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Sudden Hearing Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can msm replace warfarin
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Lasix with low blood pressure
(Asked by a 60 year old woman who has Mitral Valve Stenosis, and takes Coumadin, Lasix, Potassium Chloride)
Hello My Medical Family,
My mom has been in ICU for over a month now. She has been on lasix for over 6 years now and for two nights the hospital has not given her lasix. I can see her legs and arms puffy filled with liquids and it makes me so sad to see moms in this pain. Dr kept telling us that he ...
- Can warfarin cause a weak fingerprint
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has DVT, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I had a deep vein thrombosis 3month's ago the doctor put me on warfarin the other day I have to go and renew my drivers licence and find out that my fingerprints is to weak. can the warfarin cause this problem
More questions for: Coumadin, Sudden hearing loss
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
- Valtrex and warfarin
(Posted by a 89 year old man who has Shingles, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Valtrex)
Valtrex was prescribed to be taken every 8 hours. After 4 doses I became extremely cold while outside temperature is 80 degrees and also quite dizzy. I also take 5 mg. of warfarin daily. Although the herpes condition is not fully cleared, I plan to stop Valtrex. I believe the mix has caused my INR ...
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Stoke, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Coumadin)
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy, Pulmonary Embolisms, Transient Ischemic Attacks, and takes Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate)
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Sudden hearing loss
- A study of drug interactions between Allopurinol, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone for a patient with Gouty Arthritis, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Leg Swelling When Walking Or Standing Too Much, Swelling Goes Down After Elevating
Comments: Also have decreased kidney function 25% of kidneys are functioning. When I went in the hospital in May 2014 , 2 small blood clots were found ( lung and also in right leg ) Plus I had Gout and continued to have pain in the knee and swelling in right leg. Now I am ok, but still taking 5 mg ...
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Osteoarthritis. The patient has Sudden Hearing Loss
Comments: - Consulted physician for ear pain and hearing loss, in both ears, most significantly in left. These symptoms occurred OVERNIGHT, and I called the physician within two days. She was out of the office that week, but her PA prescribed an ear drop solution-7,5 Ciprodex OT 0.3-0.1% SUS A - Instructions: ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Alprazolam, Oxycodone, Albuterol Sulfate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Carisoprodol, Topamax, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Singulair, Advair Hfa, Proventil, Coumadin, Glimepiride, Lipitor, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Osteoarthrosis, Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Bursitis, Asthmatic Crisis, Major Depressive Disorder, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Frequent Headaches, Allergic Respiratory Disease, Asthma, Pulmonary Embolism, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Asthma
Comments: I have an non-typical pulmonary stenosis, MPA aneurysm directly above that valve. The left ventricle was also enlarged due to the stress of my third & final pregnancy put on my heart.
On March 1st (this year) I went to the ER as none of my asthma treatment weren't working. After several tests a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Simvastatin, Oxazepam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Carbilev for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Increased, Sleeping Difficulty, Antidepressant Drug Level Therapeutic, Vascular Bypass Graft, Parkinson's Disease. The patient has Delusions, Mixed
Comments: My 71 year old mother is a vascular patient who, in october 2001, had a bi fem arterial bypass (the first of 4) she was a smoker up until the beginning of November 2013.
She has mild dementia due to age/surgeries etc.
She is a single, above the knee amputee for just over a year now and had a minor ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methotrexate, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis, Blood Clot - Lung. The patient has Constipation
Comments: I suffer from UC for 8 years, the past 2 years I have had many flare ups, so I am almost Steroid dependent, as they are the only thing that works. So to get off Steroids, i have tried Azathiopran (didn't work caused severe side-effects) then 6MP, (also failed due to lowering my WBC and caused me to ...
More related studies for: Coumadin, Sudden hearing loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Gastritis and Hypothyroidism
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (49 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (42 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (46 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (1 hour ago)