Review: could Coumadin cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,215 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 280 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Tinnitus >>>
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Coumadin 75,095 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(view latest reports from 19,391 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 72,207 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 280 people (0.39%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Coumadin when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 15.36%)
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 6.07%)
- Thrombosis (14 people, 5.00%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 4.64%)
- Arrhythmia (12 people, 4.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (89 people, 31.79%)
- Coreg (65 people, 23.21%)
- Zometa (64 people, 22.86%)
- Lisinopril (49 people, 17.50%)
- Lasix (47 people, 16.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 mg. at night after two days and ringing does not go away. I have permission from my doctor to discontinue use and replace with Lisinopril.
- Still ill after several years (1 response)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and this made me very unwell, causing me fatigue which would last for a few days. I'm still searching for help.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Has complained of dizziness since she has been on all her meds and has fallen several times.. Have been concerned about her dizziness and have brought it up to her Dr.'s but since all her med's can make you dizzy they don't seem to be concerned and aren't willing to change any of them. Just started ...
- Had massive saddle pulmonary embolism in Aug 14, INR stable at 2.4 on Warfarin but am experiencing memory loss - names in particular, why I went into room or logged on to computer to look something up. Demanding Ass Director role so quite concerned. Age 55. No reason for clot ever discovered - ca ...
- Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
- I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- I take other meds but have for a long time. Warfarin is the only new drug I am on and still trying to get to a therapeutic level. I got a UTI a few weeks ago, was treated and when finished, after a couple of days it came back. They said wrong drug so put on Bactrim. Took if for 6 days and full o ...
More related studies for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.