Home > Coumadin > Tinnitus > Coumadin and Tinnitus
Review: could Coumadin cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Coumadin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 72,207 people who have side effects while taking Coumadin from FDA and social media. Among them, 280 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Coumadin and have Tinnitus >>>
Coumadin (latest outcomes from 75,087 users) has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is often used in blood clots.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,561 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 72,203 people reported to have side effects when taking Coumadin. Among them, 279 people (0.39%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Coumadin when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Coumadin * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Coumadin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (43 people, 15.41%)
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 6.09%)
- Thrombosis (14 people, 5.02%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 4.66%)
- Arrhythmia (12 people, 4.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (89 people, 31.90%)
- Coreg (65 people, 23.30%)
- Zometa (64 people, 22.94%)
- Lisinopril (49 people, 17.56%)
- Lasix (47 people, 16.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Coumadin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Coumadin and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Coumadin
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can warfarin cause prolonged chest infections?
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Chronic Chest Infection, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I have been on Warfarin for 3 years because of atrial fibrillation, and coincidentally or not, since then I have had a chronic chest infection which never clears. I have had scores of antibiotics which have not helped at all. When I cough I sound like I smoke 60 cigarettes daily, I have never smoked ...
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can msm replace warfarin
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Valve Replacements, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
I'm sick of feeling like crap since I been on warfarin five years. And want to try msm
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
More questions for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Tykosin and spontaneous erections
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Spontaneous Erections After Taking 250 Size Tikosyn, and takes Lisinopril, Coumadin)
After 15 minutes of taking Tikosyn 250 size I get spontaneous erections that remain in duration for extended periods of one hour or more. These happen several times during a 12 hour dose cycle.
More reviews for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Itching
Comments: saver itching prior to pulmonary embolism continuing after recovery of blood clots
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Factor V Leiden Mutation. The patient has Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles)
Comments: 18 months on Predisone to recover fully. Now off Predisone.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Constant ringing in both ears.
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Hypercoagulable States. The patient has Itching, Upset Stomach, Fatigue - Chronic
Comments: bilateral pulmonary embolism indicated hypercoaguable state. warfarin therapy will be life long
More related studies for: Coumadin, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.