Review: could Cozaar cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Cozaar, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Viagra, and have Erection problems.
We study 25,587 people who have side effects while taking Cozaar from FDA and social media. Among them, 116 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Cozaar and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 26,354 Cozaar users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 25,586 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar. Among them, 117 people (0.46%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Cozaar when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||13.33%||0.00%||13.33%||46.67%||13.33%||13.33% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Cozaar * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.82%||99.18% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Cozaar * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.95%||0.95%||12.38%||40.95%||44.76% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Cozaar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||10.00%||40.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Erectile dysfunction (36 people, 30.77%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 15.38%)
- Depression (13 people, 11.11%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 6.84%)
- Anxiety (8 people, 6.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Viagra (47 people, 40.17%)
- Lipitor (28 people, 23.93%)
- Levitra (24 people, 20.51%)
- Glucophage (18 people, 15.38%)
- Atenolol (16 people, 13.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of cozaar and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Cozaar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Cozaar and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Cozaar
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Losartan Potassium, Metoprolol Succinate, Furosemide, Prednisone, Neoral for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Thyroxine Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Duretic, Anti Rejection, Suppress Immune System.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Losartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Synthroid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 72-year old woman with Supplement, Sjogren's Syndrome, Hypertension, Cardiac Flutter, Hypothyroidism, Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased. The patient has Laboratory Test Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Crestor, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 75-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Impotence
- A study of drug interactions between Depakote, Lithium Carbonate for a 40-year old man with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Ejaculation Delayed, Erection Problems
Recent Cozaar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Perindopril Erbumine for a 62-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Plavix, Lipitor, Losartan for a 70-year old man who has Health
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Captopril for a 65-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.