Review: could Cozaar cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Cozaar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 25,578 people who have side effects while taking Cozaar from FDA and social media. Among them, 594 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cozaar and have Itching >>>
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cozaar 26,343 users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Itching 87,571 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 25,577 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar. Among them, 594 people (2.32%) have Itching.
Time on Cozaar when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Cozaar * :
Age of people who have Itching when taking Cozaar * :
Severity of Itching when taking Cozaar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (105 people, 17.68%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (30 people, 5.05%)
- Diabetes mellitus (29 people, 4.88%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (20 people, 3.37%)
- Depression (19 people, 3.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (158 people, 26.60%)
- Lasix (77 people, 12.96%)
- Norvasc (74 people, 12.46%)
- Lipitor (67 people, 11.28%)
- Coumadin (66 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Cozaar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cozaar and have Itching
- support group for people who take Cozaar
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can losartan cause polymyalgia
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Pain - Neck,shoulder ,back Of Top Of The Legs, and takes Losartan)
Have experienced side effects to many BP drugs.Have been on losartan and bendrofluazide for a year.3/4 months ago pains in the neck started which spread to arms and legs ears and head.At first ESR normal but was given prednisololine for one week with great results .Pains all came back and ESR now 78
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, , and takes Losartan Potassium)
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing worked. the actual problem in my lumber spine is not serious enough to have surgery at this time.
My question is if I need major surgery and need to take an opiate pain med would I have to get off the 1 1/2 mg of suboxone so I don't to go into withdrawal (as a doc once told me)? I'm 72 & the possibility of needing surgery is high, especially since I've had breast, colon & skin cancer. thank you
More questions for: Cozaar, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Rash from eating kale
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Itching, Rash Generalised, and takes Kale)
I ate kale for the first time on Monday. I only had a small bowl of fresh mixed green salad, so it wasn't entirely Kale. By Tuesday, I had a small rash on my left hip. I ignored it at first. Thursday evening, I decided to eat a large kale salad with other veggies and salmon, all of which I have eaten regularly aside from kale. Friday morning, my entire body was covered in the same rash that appeared Tuesday. I went to the ER. The doc said it was some type of allergic reaction. The ONLY thing I did/consumed different was the kale. I can't find much about it's reactions, though.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Losartan Potassium)
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Double vision on levothyroxine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Joint Stiffness, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Itching, Allergy To Food, Allergy To Chemicals, Fatigue - Chronic, Confusional State, Hair Loss, Double Vision, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Levothyrixine and have increased as my dose has been increased.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Cozaar, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Adderall, Paxil, Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Adhd, Depression, Reversal Of Opiate Activity, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Vaginal Mucosal Blistering, Itching, Eye Burning - Itching And Discharge, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation, Burning Eyes, Pimples
Comments: After 3-4 days of taking adderall or any stimulants I start to get pimple like sores on my scalp, nose,eyes,mouth,face and vaginal area puss comes out of mi eyes and vaginal area.
It seems like every hair follicle or cut becomes clogged and filled with puss. It burns when I use the restroom. My ey ...
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Fluid Retention, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Memory Impairment
Comments: I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Cozaar, Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.