Review: could Cozaar cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Cozaar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol.
We study 25,578 people who have side effects while taking Cozaar from FDA and social media. Among them, 152 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Cozaar and have Tinnitus >>>
Cozaar has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Cozaar 26,343 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Tinnitus 19,391 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 25,577 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar. Among them, 155 people (0.61%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Cozaar when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cozaar * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cozaar * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Cozaar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol (56 people, 36.13%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 24.52%)
- Multiple myeloma (35 people, 22.58%)
- Diabetes mellitus (32 people, 20.65%)
- Swelling (30 people, 19.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 44.52%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (49 people, 31.61%)
- Lasix (42 people, 27.10%)
- Lipitor (40 people, 25.81%)
- Allopurinol (40 people, 25.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Cozaar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cozaar and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Cozaar
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can losartan cause polymyalgia
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Pain - Neck,shoulder ,back Of Top Of The Legs, and takes Losartan)
Have experienced side effects to many BP drugs.Have been on losartan and bendrofluazide for a year.3/4 months ago pains in the neck started which spread to arms and legs ears and head.At first ESR normal but was given prednisololine for one week with great results .Pains all came back and ESR now 78
- I have ringing in the ears. is there anyway of getting rid of it?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Tinnitus, and takes Aspirin, Norgesic Forte)
I feel this tinnitus was induced from my taking the norgesic forte, that I no longer take for tension headaches. But I do take over the counter aspirin. Can the tinnitus ever go away?
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
More questions for: Cozaar, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 mg. at night after two days and ringing does not go away. I have permission from my doctor to discontinue use and replace with Lisinopril.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Losartan Potassium)
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a constant moderate headache along with some slight dizziness/foggy feeling. I also noticed some ringing in my ears a few times as well. Going back to the doc today. My pharmacist says they usually start people on lower doses than 100 mg. Anyone else dealing with something similar?
More reviews for: Cozaar, Tinnitus
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
- I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- I have no ear wax. My ears stop producing wax 4 years ago after a bad case of itching, and after using prescription ear drops and going to the doctor biweekly for a month to let doctor squirt a puff of powder in each ear. After all of this no more ear wax, and I woke up with left ear stopped up, and ...
- I have noticed increasing problems which my research associates with normal aging (can't find keys, forgetting names, etc.); however, an incident last night has truly shaken me. I was out with my family, considering buying an outdoors toy for a grandchild when I could not visualize where I live or w ...
More related studies for: Cozaar, Tinnitus
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.