Home > Cozaar > Tinnitus > Cozaar and Tinnitus
Review: could Cozaar cause Tinnitus?
We study 25,576 people who have side effects while taking Cozaar from FDA and social media. Among them, 155 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Cozaar and have Tinnitus >>>
Cozaar (latest outcomes from 26,341 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,378 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 25,576 people reported to have side effects when taking Cozaar. Among them, 155 people (0.61%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Cozaar when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cozaar * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Cozaar * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Cozaar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol (56 people, 36.13%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 24.52%)
- Multiple myeloma (35 people, 22.58%)
- Blood pressure (32 people, 20.65%)
- Diabetes mellitus (32 people, 20.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (69 people, 44.52%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (49 people, 31.61%)
- Lasix (42 people, 27.10%)
- Lipitor (40 people, 25.81%)
- Allopurinol (40 people, 25.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Cozaar?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Cozaar and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Cozaar
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 days ago):
hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented with losartan then nifedipine added 1 month ago. BP is down, but tinnitus comes and goes, mostly in left ear.
From this study (6 months ago):
I hear two different noises (high ans low. I think the noises are on the left side, but I'm not sure.
From this study (9 months ago):
Tinnitus started noticeably last two years
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Cozaar, Tinnitus
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Cozaar, Tinnitus
On eHealthMe, Cozaar (losartan potassium) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Cozaar is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Cozaar used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Iron Edta
- Tyramine Reaction
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome