Review: could Creon cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Creon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Pancreatitis chronic.
We study 2,024 people who have side effects while taking Creon from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Creon and have Abdominal pain >>>
Creon has active ingredients of pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease). It is often used in pancreatitis chronic. (latest outcomes from Creon 2,058 users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Abdominal pain 106,123 patients)
On Dec, 3, 2014: 2,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Creon. Among them, 118 people (5.83%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Creon when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||32.14%||17.86%||3.57%||3.57%||32.14%||3.57%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Creon * :
|Abdominal pain||51.01%||48.99% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Creon * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.77%||12.31%||6.92%||9.23%||17.69%||10.00%||43.08% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Creon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pancreatitis chronic (21 people, 17.80%)
- Cystic fibrosis (18 people, 15.25%)
- Pain (15 people, 12.71%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 11.86%)
- Pancreatic insufficiency (14 people, 11.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (23 people, 19.49%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 16.10%)
- Zofran (18 people, 15.25%)
- Morphine sulfate (15 people, 12.71%)
- Insulin (14 people, 11.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Creon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Creon and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Creon
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Creon, Abdominal pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and the next week I got it again and was hospitalized 9 days that time. I knew I had been on the med but could not remember the side effect that made me come off previously until i started it again 2 days ago and woke today with Pneumonia again. Last time my pulmonologist said that the med in combination with the antidepressant which is all I take right now relaxes me too much and it paralyzes my choking reflex causing aspiration of saliva and ultimately waking up sick as the bacteria laced fluid goes crazy in the moist conditions of the lungs.
More reviews for: Creon, Abdominal pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
More related studies for: Creon, Abdominal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.