Review: could Creon cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Creon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lantus, and have Pancreatitis chronic.
We study 2,025 people who have side effects while taking Creon from FDA and social media. Among them, 118 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Creon and have Abdominal pain >>>
Creon has active ingredients of pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease). It is often used in pancreatitis chronic. (latest outcomes from 2,060 Creon users)
Abdominal pain has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 107,282 Abdominal pain patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 2,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Creon. Among them, 118 people (5.83%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Creon when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||32.14%||17.86%||3.57%||3.57%||32.14%||3.57%||7.14% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Creon * :
|Abdominal pain||51.01%||48.99% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Creon * :
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.77%||12.31%||6.92%||9.23%||17.69%||10.00%||43.08% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Creon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pancreatitis chronic (21 people, 17.80%)
- Cystic fibrosis (18 people, 15.25%)
- Pain (15 people, 12.71%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 11.86%)
- Pancreatic insufficiency (14 people, 11.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lantus (23 people, 19.49%)
- Aspirin (19 people, 16.10%)
- Zofran (18 people, 15.25%)
- Morphine sulfate (15 people, 12.71%)
- Insulin (14 people, 11.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of creon and abdominal pain on
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Creon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Creon and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Creon
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Lansoprazole for a 57-year old man with Blood Pressure Increased, Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache, Acid Reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Synthroid, Ranitidine, Singulair, Zoloft, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Victoza, Metformin for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Thyroid Disorder, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Stomach Pain, Gerd, Cough
- A study of side effects of Oxycet for a 24-year old woman with Wisdom Teeth Extraction. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a 57-year old man with Ulcer - Stomach. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Plavix, Eliquis for a 89-year old man with Blood Clots. The patient has Cancer - Stomach, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Nausea
Recent Creon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Creon, Losartan Potassium for a 74-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Creon, Cozaar for a 50-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cardura, Finasteride (Ivax Pharms) - 5MG, Simvastatin (Synthon Pharms) - 40MG, Creon, Prandin for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG, Zenpep (Eurand) - 109,000USP UNITS;20,000USP UNITS;68,000USP UNITS for a 61-year old man who has Cancer - Pancreas
- Comparions of Omeprazole (Dexcel Pharma) - 20MG, Creon for a 56-year old man who has Helicobacter Pylori Identification Test Positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.