Review: could Creon cause Blood glucose fluctuation?
Summary: Blood glucose fluctuation is found among people who take Creon, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Insulin, and have Obesity.
We study 2,025 people who have side effects while taking Creon from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Blood glucose fluctuation. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood glucose fluctuation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Creon and have Blood glucose fluctuation >>>
Creon has active ingredients of pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease). It is often used in pancreatitis chronic. (latest outcomes from 2,060 Creon users)
Blood glucose fluctuation
Blood glucose fluctuation has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes, type 1 diabetes mellitus. (latest reports from 4,362 Blood glucose fluctuation patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 2,025 people reported to have side effects when taking Creon. Among them, 7 people (0.35%) have Blood Glucose Fluctuation.
Time on Creon when people have Blood glucose fluctuation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood glucose fluctuation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood glucose fluctuation when taking Creon * :
|Blood glucose fluctuation||78.57%||21.43% |
Age of people who have Blood glucose fluctuation when taking Creon * :
|Blood glucose fluctuation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Blood glucose fluctuation when taking Creon ** :
How people recovered from Blood glucose fluctuation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Obesity (7 people, 100.00%)
- Cardiac disorder (2 people, 28.57%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 28.57%)
- Pancreatic insufficiency (2 people, 28.57%)
- Hepatic neoplasm (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin (7 people, 100.00%)
- Byetta (7 people, 100.00%)
- Aspirin (7 people, 100.00%)
- Gliclazide (7 people, 100.00%)
- Lipitor (7 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Glucose Fluctuation while taking Creon?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Creon and have Blood Glucose Fluctuation
- support group for people who take Creon
- support group for people who have Blood Glucose Fluctuation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Humalog, Pepcid, Protonix, Pancreaze for a 47-year old woman with Type 1 Diabetes, Chronic Pancreatitis. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Creon for a 48-year old woman with Abdominal Discomfort, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Pancreaticoduodenenctomy.
- A study of drug interactions between Pantoprazole, Creon for a 70-year old man with Indigestion, Digestive. The patient has Cramps - Leg
- A study of side effects of Creon for a 50-year old woman with Pancreatic Necrosis. The patient has Thirst - Excessive, Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Creon for a 60-year old man with Pancreatic Insufficiency. The patient has Vomiting, Nausea, Loose Stools
Recent Creon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Creon, Losartan Potassium for a 74-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Creon, Cozaar for a 50-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cardura, Finasteride (Ivax Pharms) - 5MG, Simvastatin (Synthon Pharms) - 40MG, Creon, Prandin for a 77-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Prednisone (Roxane) - 20MG, Zenpep (Eurand) - 109,000USP UNITS;20,000USP UNITS;68,000USP UNITS for a 61-year old man who has Cancer - Pancreas
- Comparions of Omeprazole (Dexcel Pharma) - 20MG, Creon for a 56-year old man who has Helicobacter Pylori Identification Test Positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.