Home > Crestor > Acne > Crestor and Acne
Review: could Crestor cause Acne?
Summary: Acne is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Hypercholesterolaemia.
We study 57,731 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 53 have Acne. Find out below who they are, when they have Acne and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Acne >>>
Crestor (latest outcomes from 60,016 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) (latest reports from 62,569 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, crohn's disease, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 57,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 54 people (0.09%) have Acne.
Time on Crestor when people have Acne * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Acne when taking Crestor * :
Severity of Acne when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Acne ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypercholesterolaemia (14 people, 25.93%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 14.81%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 14.81%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 14.81%)
- Pain (7 people, 12.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (11 people, 20.37%)
- Aspirin (11 people, 20.37%)
- Actos (8 people, 14.81%)
- Testosterone (7 people, 12.96%)
- Epivir (6 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acne while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Acne
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Acne
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Can bacteria filled periodontal pockets cause acne
(Asked by a 30 year old woman who has Periodontal Pocket, Acne, and takes Manuka Honey)
on my bottom pre molar i have gum recession for a few years. Within that time i have also suffered from recurring out break on the same side and location of the periodontal pocket. the premolar on the opposite side has also recently started to recede, and i have noticed a small breakout forming. is ...
More questions for: Crestor, Acne
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
- Crestor effect on carpel tunnel
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Carpel Tunnel, and takes Crestor)
I was told if I would stop taking Crestor my carpel tunnel would not bother me as much.
More reviews for: Crestor, Acne
- A study of drug interactions between Insulin, Crestor for a patient with Singultus, Lisinopril. The patient has Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
Comments: Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lasix, Metformin Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Advair Diskus 250/50, Armour Thyroid, Enzyme Therapy for a patient with Depression - Chronic, Fluid Retention, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Valve Surgery, High Blood Cholesterol, Asthma Late Onset, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation. The patient has Blood Sugar Levels
Comments: I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and prescribed Synthroid. Taking it, my blood sugar levels increased dramatically. I had been considered insulin resistant (a condition I believe was triggered when I began taking Effexor for depression several years ago) but the Synthroid pushed me into ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Nexium, Crestor, Androgel, Sudafed 12 Hour, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Finasteride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lunesta, Diovan Hct, Zetia, Clonazepam, Bisacodyl for a patient with Pain In Limb, Gerd, Hyperlipidaemia, Hypogonadism Male, Sinusitis, Pain Management, Prostration, Blood Pressure Management, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Blood Triglycerides, Diet - Constipation. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Medical details on ongoing therapy and main medications
Over the counter vitamins and supplements taken as liver will tolerate
to help skin and energy.
I have had three cervical surgeries from a car accident, facet and disk destruction, so I have been in pain management for 8 years and still ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Cartia Xt, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Salmon Oil for a patient with Heart Disease Congenital, Lower Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, High Blood Cholesterol, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Arthritis. The patient has Gouty Arthritis, Memory Impairment
Comments: I had open heart surgery in March 2012 for HOCM, they shaved off some of the heart muscle and repaired my valve. I have been fine since then, but about eight weeks ago the middle toe on my left foot became extremely painful, I thought it was the toenail, anything that touched it was painful, this wo ...
- A study of side effects of Nuvaring for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland), Loss Of Libido (loss of sexual urge), Acne (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I started losing weight despite eating a lot while on the Nuva Ring in the 5th year of using the drug. It wasn't until I went OFF of the Nuva Ring that I IMMEDIATELY developed severe hyperthroidism (no history prior). I am still in treatment for this, as no natural solutions have worked and I want ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Acne
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.