Review: could Crestor cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 57,750 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,455 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Back pain >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in hyperlipidaemia. (latest outcomes from Crestor 60,035 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 57,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,455 people (2.52%) have Back Pain.
Time on Crestor when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||27.27%||45.00%||16.36%||5.45%||5.00%||0.91%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Crestor * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.90%||1.94%||9.48%||23.96%||63.73% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||44.44%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||20.00%||40.00%||40.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (323 people, 22.20%)
- Hypertension (144 people, 9.90%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (125 people, 8.59%)
- Osteoporosis (113 people, 7.77%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (64 people, 4.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (408 people, 28.04%)
- Nexium (208 people, 14.30%)
- Lisinopril (173 people, 11.89%)
- Plavix (163 people, 11.20%)
- Lipitor (143 people, 9.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Crestor, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Concerned and worried
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to be truthful and honest about these drugs. I dont have high blood pressure and never have but my doctor said the perindopril are a precaution. Also can I not stop taking statin and keep my own cholestrol down can anyone help me im so miserable and unhappy.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad experience, my menstrual periods don't come normal anymore, or sometimes it takes two or three months to come back again. I have hot flashes day or night, and the last one is that I'm gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do, any pill will give you side effects, I never read side effects. I'm 100% percent this is not coincides is real an is happening to me.
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. Nothing could be found. Finally after 5 months, my primary care doctor asked my to stop taking the Crestor. Within 2 weeks, the pain was completely gone. Careful investigation showed that my Sciatic Nerve was routed through the Piriformis muscle. The Crestor caused muscle toxicity on this muscle and it squeezed the Sciatic Nerve, causing the pain. I have done much research on this and have never seen a similar case. So I feel that I should report this to you. Thanks for your interest.
More reviews for: Crestor, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- I have no symptoms of any disease. I feel fine with no restrictions. The latest blood test from my annual exam shows elevated red blood cells. The rest of the blood panel is good. I say the Crestor is causing the high count. I want to be informed before the doc starts tests. Thank you. Mike
- I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- Pain in mid back left side. Feels like a my muscle is extremely tight. Also have feeling of fullness on left side. Not like from eating, but just like things are tight in there. Does not hurt when i lay down.
More related studies for: Crestor, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.