Home > Crestor > Back pain > Crestor and Back pain
Review: could Crestor cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 57,731 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,455 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Back pain >>>
Crestor (latest outcomes from 60,016 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Back pain (latest reports from 676,532 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 57,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,455 people (2.52%) have Back Pain.
Time on Crestor when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||27.27%||45.00%||16.36%||5.45%||5.00%||0.91%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Crestor * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.90%||1.94%||9.48%||23.96%||63.73% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||0.00%||44.44%||44.44%||11.11% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||20.00%||40.00%||40.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (323 people, 22.20%)
- Hypertension (144 people, 9.90%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (125 people, 8.59%)
- Osteoporosis (113 people, 7.77%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (64 people, 4.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (408 people, 28.04%)
- Nexium (208 people, 14.30%)
- Lisinopril (173 people, 11.89%)
- Plavix (163 people, 11.20%)
- Lipitor (143 people, 9.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Will taking simvistatin for dyslipidemia for 5 yrs cause my liver to ache/hurt?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Back Pain, Side Pain, and takes Simvastatin)
Been taking simvastatin for about 5 yrs, but in the last 2-3 months have been experiencing ache and sometimes pain from my lower right front emanating around my right side and into my lower back, I have been tested for a possible urinary tract infection that came in negative, doctors are unsure of w ...
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
More questions for: Crestor, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Naproxin reaction severe
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Back Pain)
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He look ...
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anemia, Knee Pain, Back Pain, Knee Injury - Meniscus, Back Injury, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Dvt , and takes Methocarbamol, Warfarin Sodium, Clonidine, Atenolol)
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
More reviews for: Crestor, Back pain
- A study of drug interactions between Insulin, Crestor for a patient with Singultus, Lisinopril. The patient has Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
Comments: Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- A study of side effects of Guaifenesin for a patient with Cleft Sinus. The patient has Dry Mouth, Eyes - Dry (lack of adequate tears), Back Pain
Comments: causes acute thirst and dehydration symptoms that I treat with water and ice between water intake. I have had a bout with a bulging disc in the past but this was quite different. I wasn't having any of these symptoms. I was very really good except I was having this drainage to my throat and ears. Wh ...
- A study of side effects of Prozac for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Shoulder Pain, Neck Pain, Back Pain
Comments: My daughter is 15 years old and woke up on March 28, 2013 with terrible back pain. There were no injuries or accidents to explain this. She had never suffered with pain like this before and it literally happened overnight! It has been 74 days now. Her doctor increased her prozac from 20 to 30 mg ...
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Fish Oil, Calcium, Multivitamin, Lisinopril, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Preventive Health Care, High Blood Pressure, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Back Pain, Stomach Tenderness, Diarrhea
Comments: I was diagnosed with Stage 1 endometrial cancer AND stage 1 ovarian cancer. They removed uterus and ovaries which threw me into surgical menopause. Felt constantly anxious and hated it. So started on Citalopram 4 months ago. Finally felt like my old optimistic self. This was a miracle drug for m ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lasix, Metformin Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Advair Diskus 250/50, Armour Thyroid, Enzyme Therapy for a patient with Depression - Chronic, Fluid Retention, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Valve Surgery, High Blood Cholesterol, Asthma Late Onset, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation. The patient has Blood Sugar Levels
Comments: I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and prescribed Synthroid. Taking it, my blood sugar levels increased dramatically. I had been considered insulin resistant (a condition I believe was triggered when I began taking Effexor for depression several years ago) but the Synthroid pushed me into ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Uterine Fibroids
- Enalapril Maleate
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (2 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (13 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (16 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (42 minutes ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Savella, Synthroid, Ethiodol, Percocet, Vistaril, Klonopin, Flexeril, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 44-year old woman who has Fibromyoma, Post Procedural Hypothyroidism, Post Hyterecetomy, Pain, Itching, Fibromyalgia (36 minutes ago)
- Compare Cellcept and Prograf and Rapamune for a 50-year old woman (40 minutes ago)
- Gymnema Sylvestre for a 72-year old man who has High Blood Sugar (59 minutes ago)