Crestor and Back pain - from FDA reports
Back pain is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Back pain with Crestor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 95,339 people who have side effects when taking Crestor from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
95,339 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor.
Among them, 2,402 people (2.52%) have Back pain
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Crestor when people have Back pain *:
- < 1 month: 27.63 %
- 1 - 6 months: 36.96 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.73 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.45 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.56 %
- 10+ years: 3.11 %
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Crestor *:
- female: 62.97 %
- male: 37.03 %
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Crestor *:
- 0-1: 0.11 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.21 %
- 20-29: 0.85 %
- 30-39: 1.96 %
- 40-49: 8.91 %
- 50-59: 23.34 %
- 60+: 64.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (273 people, 11.37%)
- Osteoporosis (184 people, 7.66%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (158 people, 6.58%)
- Pain (146 people, 6.08%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (134 people, 5.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (370 people, 15.40%)
- Nexium (278 people, 11.57%)
- Plavix (254 people, 10.57%)
- Lisinopril (216 people, 8.99%)
- Synthroid (196 people, 8.16%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (555 people, 23.11%)
- Pain In Extremity (530 people, 22.06%)
- Pain (445 people, 18.53%)
- Weakness (421 people, 17.53%)
- Fatigue (417 people, 17.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Back pain when taking Crestor?
- Check symptoms - is back pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBack pain and drugs with ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBack pain and Crestor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 100,285 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 189,656 Back pain patients).
Browse all side effects of Crestora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Back painBack pain
Could your condition cause Back painBack pain
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
Hello, I have been taking Zoloft for about two months now and I have back pain and hip pain. Will it go away soon? I had nausea for a week at the beginning but I was fine after so I'm wondering if I should hold on or change medication. Anybody has any idea??
User reviews to the study
I've been taking Wellbutrin and found the generics don't work for me but the original drug works well. About a month and a half ago on Drs advice I began taking Crestor. Since then I have become more and more depressed and anxious. As if I weren't taking the Wellbutrin at all. Has anyone ...
Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...