Review: could Crestor cause Blood triglycerides increased (High Blood Cholesterol)?
Summary: Blood triglycerides increased is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,750 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,987 have Blood triglycerides increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood triglycerides increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Blood triglycerides increased >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in hyperlipidaemia. (latest outcomes from Crestor 60,035 users)
Blood triglycerides increased
Blood triglycerides increased has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, osteopenia.(latest reports from Blood triglycerides increased 158,200 patients)
On Dec, 16, 2014: 57,750 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,987 people (3.44%) have Blood Triglycerides Increased.
Time on Crestor when people have Blood triglycerides increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood triglycerides increased||17.78%||42.22%||8.44%||8.00%||15.11%||8.00%||0.44% |
Age of people who have Blood triglycerides increased when taking Crestor * :
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.39%||0.29%||0.00%||0.25%||3.34%||14.24%||30.44%||51.06% |
Severity of Blood triglycerides increased when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood triglycerides increased||13.33%||73.33%||13.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood triglycerides increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood triglycerides increased||0.00%||45.45%||54.55% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (476 people, 23.96%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (267 people, 13.44%)
- Hypertension (246 people, 12.38%)
- Depression (110 people, 5.54%)
- Diabetes mellitus (96 people, 4.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (385 people, 19.38%)
- Nexium (257 people, 12.93%)
- Lipitor (203 people, 10.22%)
- Plavix (161 people, 8.10%)
- Lisinopril (143 people, 7.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Triglycerides Increased while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Blood Triglycerides Increased
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is invokana same family as anakinra/if so, what are their functions?
I have tinnitus (left ear-14 yrs). Don't want to take (drug) that might be ototoxic. thanks
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can i get constipation from plavix several months down the road?
Doctor put me on Plavix to reduce Cholesterol. What I think happened was several months later after starting, I got bad constipation from the drug. Doctor can't understand - it sounds like he thinks the side effects should have happened when I started the med and to have this kind of side effect later on is impossible. So many other factors came in to play during my doctor visit - and because I didn't make notes- when I was grilled on why I wasn't taking meds (because I couldn't remember) it made me look like a fool and as a result my Cardiologist dropped me for care.
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
More questions for: Crestor, Blood triglycerides increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Concerned and worried
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to be truthful and honest about these drugs. I dont have high blood pressure and never have but my doctor said the perindopril are a precaution. Also can I not stop taking statin and keep my own cholestrol down can anyone help me im so miserable and unhappy.
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad experience, my menstrual periods don't come normal anymore, or sometimes it takes two or three months to come back again. I have hot flashes day or night, and the last one is that I'm gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do, any pill will give you side effects, I never read side effects. I'm 100% percent this is not coincides is real an is happening to me.
- Lump in throat, swallowing problems, reflux
After 3 months, my total cholesterol went way down, but developed terrible throat problems. Like an ever-present lump that made it difficult to swallow. At night, discomfort with acid going up and down my throat all night, making it hard to sleep and breathe. Stopped taking Simvastatin on my own (doctor said it was not the cause) and within 3-4 days, the throat problems totally resolved and have not come back. Also had many leg-cramps when using it.
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. Nothing could be found. Finally after 5 months, my primary care doctor asked my to stop taking the Crestor. Within 2 weeks, the pain was completely gone. Careful investigation showed that my Sciatic Nerve was routed through the Piriformis muscle. The Crestor caused muscle toxicity on this muscle and it squeezed the Sciatic Nerve, causing the pain. I have done much research on this and have never seen a similar case. So I feel that I should report this to you. Thanks for your interest.
- Allergic reaction to lipitor
Took 10mg of Atorvastatin for 3 days to reduce choldesterol LDL below 100. I felt peculiar from the first day, however by the 3rd dosage day I came home from work in a state of extreme pain in my hands and limbs. This rather quickly became systemic and I was unable to get out of bed. I was beyond exhausted. I had taken Crestor sucessfully for almost 3 months after a stent procedure but because of insurance issues was switched to this cholesterol medicatyion. My wife contatced the on call cardiologist who expressed concern and discontined the medication. The following morning my hands were swollen and so was my throat and tongue...I was lucky it did not become more severe. I also developed a rash on my hands and arms and legs and torso which was itchy. This was cleary an allergic reaction. After speaking with my cardiologist and the Cardiac nurse that works with him it is apparent that I had a realtively serious reaction. It has taken me more than a week to feel semi normal.
More reviews for: Crestor, Blood triglycerides increased
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- I have no symptoms of any disease. I feel fine with no restrictions. The latest blood test from my annual exam shows elevated red blood cells. The rest of the blood panel is good. I say the Crestor is causing the high count. I want to be informed before the doc starts tests. Thank you. Mike
- Took synthroid after birth of daugther, 12 years ago. Eventually came off synthroid while takine kelp and selenium. Joint aches and pains, especially knees and elbows. TSH 4.22, which has doubled since starting methotrexate.
- I have been using oxy/aceta for 3 plus yearsI only take one or two per week for really bad migraines - last year my LDL cholestrol was 170 - this week it is 201 - never, ever has my ldl been that high - it seemed to start rising with the Imitrex in 1996 ( two yrs after taking it) now it is throug ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Blood triglycerides increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.