Review: could Crestor cause Cancer - prostate (Prostate cancer)?
Summary: Cancer - prostate is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 57,824 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 120 have Cancer - prostate. Find out below who they are, when they have Cancer - prostate and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Cancer - prostate >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,110 Crestor users)
Cancer - prostate
Cancer - prostate has been reported by people with high blood pressure, prostate cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 20,399 Cancer - prostate patients)
On Apr, 22, 2015: 57,824 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 120 people (0.21%) have Cancer - Prostate.
Time on Crestor when people have Cancer - prostate * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Cancer - prostate||10.00%||80.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Cancer - prostate when taking Crestor * :
|Cancer - prostate||3.88%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.88%||11.65%||80.58% |
Severity of Cancer - prostate when taking Crestor ** :
How people recovered from Cancer - prostate ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (28 people, 23.33%)
- Prostate cancer (14 people, 11.67%)
- Blood cholesterol (12 people, 10.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 9.17%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (8 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (37 people, 30.83%)
- Metformin hcl (14 people, 11.67%)
- Nexium (14 people, 11.67%)
- Toprol-xl (14 people, 11.67%)
- Tenormin (13 people, 10.83%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cancer - Prostate while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Cancer - Prostate
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Cancer - Prostate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Lisinopril for a 70-year old woman with Vitamin D Deficiency, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Cough, Yawning
- A study of drug interactions between Mirena, Crestor for a 38-year old woman with Birth Control, Ldl. The patient has Fatigue, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Aspirin, Accuretic, Crestor, Finasteride for a 58-year old man with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Bhp. The patient has Skin Bleeding, Skin Rash
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 56-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Heart Murmurs And Other Sounds
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Crestor, Cellcept for a 41-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Hyperlipidaemia, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Bilirubin
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.