Home > Crestor > Constipation > Crestor and Constipation
Review: could Crestor cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood cholesterol increased.
We study 57,731 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 916 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Constipation >>>
Crestor (latest outcomes from 60,016 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Constipation (latest reports from 515,750 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 57,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 918 people (1.59%) have Constipation.
Time on Crestor when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Crestor * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (276 people, 30.07%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (75 people, 8.17%)
- Hypertension (66 people, 7.19%)
- Osteoporosis (60 people, 6.54%)
- Pain (49 people, 5.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (303 people, 33.01%)
- Nexium (140 people, 15.25%)
- Synthroid (118 people, 12.85%)
- Lasix (115 people, 12.53%)
- Plavix (111 people, 12.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Constipation
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Cymbalta r/t autonomic neuropathy
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Stomach Pains, GERD, Fatique, Constipation, Dizzness, Early Satiety)
losartan 20 mg
tired all the time, dizziness, chronic constipation, stomach pains, pins and needles, diabetic type 2 hx alcoholism resolved, gerd, early satiety
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Gastro with constipation in a 4 year old only cause pain at night?
(Asked by a 4 year old boy who has Constipation, Gastroenteritis - Viral)
In childrens hospital now have given the tag virus for stomach pain at night that is relieved by morphine
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
More questions for: Crestor, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Nexium improves my constipation
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Constipation, GERD, and takes Lyrica, Methadone Hydrochloride, Lipitor)
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
More reviews for: Crestor, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a patient with Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: SEVERE CHRONIC DRY MOUTH AND EYES STARTED 4 MONTHS AGO NOT SURE IF MEDICATION RELATED. BEEN ON SOME OF THEM FOR 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM.
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a patient with Depression. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Constipation with mucous in BM
- A study of side effects of Celebrex for a patient with Allergy. The patient has Constipation
Comments: 300mg of antihistamine daily
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a patient with Breast Swelling. The patient has Breast Swelling
Comments: Breast swelling after crestor was changed fro 10 to 20 mg per day
More related studies for: Crestor, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.