Review: could Crestor cause Diabetes - type 2 (Type 2 diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes - type 2 is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Seroquel, and have Depression.
We study 57,750 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 316 have Diabetes - type 2. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes - type 2 and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Diabetes - type 2 >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in hyperlipidaemia. (latest outcomes from Crestor 60,035 users)
Diabetes - type 2
Diabetes - type 2 has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia, sleep disorder.(latest reports from Diabetes - type 2 91,190 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 57,750 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 316 people (0.55%) have Diabetes - Type 2.
Time on Crestor when people have Diabetes - type 2 * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetes - type 2||0.00%||57.14%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Diabetes - type 2 when taking Crestor * :
|Diabetes - type 2||0.34%||0.00%||0.34%||0.68%||16.33%||22.79%||24.15%||35.37% |
Severity of Diabetes - type 2 when taking Crestor ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes - type 2 ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (75 people, 23.73%)
- Bipolar disorder (50 people, 15.82%)
- Anxiety (41 people, 12.97%)
- Sleep disorder (39 people, 12.34%)
- Hypertension (38 people, 12.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Seroquel (127 people, 40.19%)
- Aspirin (73 people, 23.10%)
- Risperdal (53 people, 16.77%)
- Nexium (53 people, 16.77%)
- Lipitor (52 people, 16.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes - Type 2 while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Diabetes - Type 2
- support group for people who take Crestor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Vertigo, Confusion, Loss Of Memory, Fatigue, and takes Folic Acid, Imitrex, Cialis, Omeprazole, Aspirin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor)
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Is rasberry ketone safe
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, COPD, TIA, and takes Sertraline, Aspirin, Simvastatin)
i had tia 2years ago is it safe to take rasbery ketone im on a diet
More questions for: Crestor, Diabetes - type 2
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Concerned and worried
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Had Triple Bypass And On , and takes Rosuvastatin Calcium, Perindopril Erbumine, Aspirin)
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to b ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Excrutiating Pain Of Sciatic Nerve In Left Leg, and takes Crestor)
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
- Crestor effect on carpel tunnel
(Posted by a 71 year old man who has Carpel Tunnel, and takes Crestor)
I was told if I would stop taking Crestor my carpel tunnel would not bother me as much.
More reviews for: Crestor, Diabetes - type 2
- A study of drug interactions between Insulin, Crestor for a patient with Singultus, Lisinopril. The patient has Leukocytoclastic Vasculitis
Comments: Every drug I was taking cautioned of causing leukocytoclastic vasculitis. Along with this condition I acquired a raging yeast infection which caused me to need fluconazole to treat this condition and this drug also causes symptoms of leukocytoclastic vasculitis. I got off all meds and was prescrib ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lasix, Metformin Hydrochloride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Advair Diskus 250/50, Armour Thyroid, Enzyme Therapy for a patient with Depression - Chronic, Fluid Retention, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Valve Surgery, High Blood Cholesterol, Asthma Late Onset, Hypothyroidism, Inflammation. The patient has Blood Sugar Levels
Comments: I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and prescribed Synthroid. Taking it, my blood sugar levels increased dramatically. I had been considered insulin resistant (a condition I believe was triggered when I began taking Effexor for depression several years ago) but the Synthroid pushed me into ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Nexium, Crestor, Androgel, Sudafed 12 Hour, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Finasteride, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lunesta, Diovan Hct, Zetia, Clonazepam, Bisacodyl for a patient with Pain In Limb, Gerd, Hyperlipidaemia, Hypogonadism Male, Sinusitis, Pain Management, Prostration, Blood Pressure Management, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Blood Triglycerides, Diet - Constipation. The patient has Constipation
Comments: Medical details on ongoing therapy and main medications
Over the counter vitamins and supplements taken as liver will tolerate
to help skin and energy.
I have had three cervical surgeries from a car accident, facet and disk destruction, so I have been in pain management for 8 years and still ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Verapamil Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Cartia Xt, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Salmon Oil for a patient with Heart Disease Congenital, Lower Blood Pressure, Blood Thinner, High Blood Cholesterol, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Arthritis. The patient has Gouty Arthritis, Memory Impairment
Comments: I had open heart surgery in March 2012 for HOCM, they shaved off some of the heart muscle and repaired my valve. I have been fine since then, but about eight weeks ago the middle toe on my left foot became extremely painful, I thought it was the toenail, anything that touched it was painful, this wo ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with Hypercholesterolaemia, Heart Rate Irregular. The patient has Vertigo Positional
Comments: I have had aggravated Diphtheria when I was about 7 years. It effected my lower torso. I had to receive therapy of walking in sand and Enema for inducing bowl movement. Not sure but I think it lasted for some 3 to 6 months.
I have been a long time smoker since I was 18, but I quit it about 5 year ...
More related studies for: Crestor, Diabetes - type 2
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.