Review: could Crestor cause Gout aggravated?
Summary: Gout aggravated is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,750 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 255 have Gout aggravated. Find out below who they are, when they have Gout aggravated and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Crestor and have Gout aggravated >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in hyperlipidaemia. (latest outcomes from Crestor 60,035 users)
Gout aggravated (worse uric acid crystals building up in body) (latest reports from Gout aggravated 13,627 patients)
On Dec, 7, 2014: 57,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 255 people (0.44%) have Gout Aggravated.
Time on Crestor when people have Gout aggravated * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gout aggravated||29.73%||45.95%||10.81%||8.11%||5.41%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Gout aggravated when taking Crestor * :
|Gout aggravated||1.74%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.30%||8.70%||37.39%||50.87% |
Severity of Gout aggravated when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gout aggravated||12.50%||0.00%||37.50%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Gout aggravated ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (45 people, 17.65%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 10.98%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 9.80%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (18 people, 7.06%)
- Gout (16 people, 6.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (97 people, 38.04%)
- Lasix (60 people, 23.53%)
- Lisinopril (45 people, 17.65%)
- Plavix (44 people, 17.25%)
- Potassium chloride (40 people, 15.69%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gout Aggravated while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Gout Aggravated
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Gout Aggravated
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Crestor, Gout aggravated
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lipitor caused gout attack.
My doctor gave me Lipitor to lower my Collestoral (240). Three days later I had lower stomach pains and the beginning of a Gout attack on my foot. I stopped taking the drug after 4 days when the full blown Gout attack came. I had been watching my diet and had not had a Gout attack for two years (my first one). Nothing changed except the Lipitor. I have no doubt the attack was brought on by the Lipitor. If you have Gout DO NOT TAKE LIPITOR (or its generic). Im now in my second week of pain and it's terrible.
- Concerned and worried
I want to know why I have got such a big hair loss when I had a fantastic head of hair before I started taking these drugs I also have a dry cough I have been told its asthma I dont accept this as the inhaler dosent do anything for me why ďont doctors take notice of our concerns I want soneone to be truthful and honest about these drugs. I dont have high blood pressure and never have but my doctor said the perindopril are a precaution. Also can I not stop taking statin and keep my own cholestrol down can anyone help me im so miserable and unhappy.
- Ear pain from allopurinol 100mg (1 response)
I have just been prescribed 100mg Allopurinol.
1 a day.
I am in my second day of taking these tablets.
I have begun to get get a sudden pain in my ear.
I have never in all my years have ever had such a pain.
I know the only change that has happened around me is taking these tablets.
I have stopped taking these and am awaiting my next appt with my GP.
I do take Arcoxia with paracetemol for pain relief.
- Crestor side effects (1 response)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad experience, my menstrual periods don't come normal anymore, or sometimes it takes two or three months to come back again. I have hot flashes day or night, and the last one is that I'm gaining weight. I'm not sure what to do, any pill will give you side effects, I never read side effects. I'm 100% percent this is not coincides is real an is happening to me.
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. Nothing could be found. Finally after 5 months, my primary care doctor asked my to stop taking the Crestor. Within 2 weeks, the pain was completely gone. Careful investigation showed that my Sciatic Nerve was routed through the Piriformis muscle. The Crestor caused muscle toxicity on this muscle and it squeezed the Sciatic Nerve, causing the pain. I have done much research on this and have never seen a similar case. So I feel that I should report this to you. Thanks for your interest.
More reviews for: Crestor, Gout aggravated
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- I have no symptoms of any disease. I feel fine with no restrictions. The latest blood test from my annual exam shows elevated red blood cells. The rest of the blood panel is good. I say the Crestor is causing the high count. I want to be informed before the doc starts tests. Thank you. Mike
- i am on a clinical trial, randomized, either zometa or xgeva. I believe that i receive xgeva, because prior to the start of the study, i had an infusion of zometa and had strong flu-like symptoms for 3 days. After starting the study, I have had no side effects for 8 months. after the last treatme ...
- I have diverticulitis and gastritis,i take nexium and was taking dexilant. my stomache always feels bloated and i have a hard time at staying regular on bowel movements.I eat fiber wafers every morning,drink water all day. My upper stomache feels swelled right under my ribs and i itch on m ...
- It started with oone foot slapping down. not drop foot. seen foot doc, cardiiologist, neurologist. balance clinic, testing for vestibular system, spine mri.s no diagnosis can not take a step without a walker or I fall do not know what to do .
More related studies for: Crestor, Gout aggravated
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.