Review: could Crestor cause Insomnia?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 52,805 people who take Crestor. Among them, 1,362 have Insomnia. See who they are, when they have Insomnia and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Crestor (latest outcomes from 55,018 users) has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol, hyperlipidaemia. Commonly reported side effects of Crestor include muscle aches, myalgia aggravated, weakness, fatigue, nausea aggravated.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 756,539 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, pain relief by acupuncture.
On Feb, 21, 2014: 52,725 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,235 people (2.34%) have Insomnia.
Time on Crestor when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Crestor * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (291 people, 23.56%)
- Hypertension (118 people, 9.55%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (95 people, 7.69%)
- Depression (92 people, 7.45%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (76 people, 6.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (324 people, 26.23%)
- Nexium (211 people, 17.09%)
- Plavix (119 people, 9.64%)
- Xanax (118 people, 9.55%)
- Ambien (111 people, 8.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Crestor, Insomnia
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Crestor is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Crestor used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Crestor side effects from A to Z:
Browse Crestor drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Difficulty refocusing when changing from near to far, and far to near objects.
From this study (3 months ago):
sleeplessness seemes worse after taking Crestor.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- People with statin drug damage
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
- Can xarelto cause my blood pressure to elevate
I had a stroke (TIA) TWO MONTHS AGO AND MY DOCTOR PUT ME ON A BLOOD THINNER
XARELTO and my blood pressure is always high now.
- Do you take klonopin ans zolpidem together?does it work?
I had my first depression in 2000 (it was terrible and lasted for 4 or 5 months I managed to survive,but 6 or 7 yrs later was attacked by another bout,this time much milder and not so long.In March this yr I was overtaken by the third- the most merciless and cruel one that has been torturing me for ...
More questions for: Crestor, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Insomnia from suboxone
Does Suboxone cause insomnia? Hell yes, I haven't slept properly for years and I wish I had never gone on it. My night is my day and daybreak is when i'm heading off to sleep,I try to wake up about 11 am but that is still half the day gone. I am so so over it, all I can do is reduce my dose
and th ...
- Sciatic nerve dysfunction
I had been taking Crestor for about 4 years. Suddenly, I had terrible pain from my Sciatic Nerve. I couldn't stand, sit, lay down, walk, sleep, etc. without experiencing this pain. This went on for 5 months of unending pain. I had MRI, X-rays, Novocain, etc., with several doctors looking into it. No ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
More reviews for: Crestor, Insomnia
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium D - Glucarate, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Aspirin, Nexium, Probiotics, Synthroid, Crestor, Allopurinol, Micardis, Cialis for a patient with Enzyme Supplementation, Cardiovascular Disorder, Hypertension, Gerd, Sleep Issues, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Total Cholesterol, Gout, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Sleeping Difficulty (Insomnia), Frequent Headaches (Headache), Blue Vision
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Krill Oil, Aspirin, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Crestor for a patient with Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolaemia, Osteoporosis, Depression. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness (Weakness), Insomnia Exacerbated, Nosebleed, Nausea, Ovarian Adenoma, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Dizziness (excl Vertigo), Heart Rate Irregular, Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Migraine Hemiplegic, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Asthenia (Weakness)
More related studies for: Crestor, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.