Review: could Crestor cause Itching?
Summary: Itching is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 57,806 people who have side effects while taking Crestor from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,454 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Crestor and have Itching >>>
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 60,088 Crestor users)
Itching has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 88,292 Itching patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 57,806 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor. Among them, 1,454 people (2.52%) have Itching.
Time on Crestor when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Itching when taking Crestor * :
Severity of Itching when taking Crestor ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (341 people, 23.45%)
- Hypertension (174 people, 11.97%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (162 people, 11.14%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (107 people, 7.36%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (68 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (595 people, 40.92%)
- Aspirin (563 people, 38.72%)
- Plavix (179 people, 12.31%)
- Lisinopril (164 people, 11.28%)
- Fish oil (119 people, 8.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Willie (2 years ago):
Doug, how did you stop itching?
Reply the comment
Doug (3 years ago):
I have been on of 20mg Crestor for three months and I itch all over my body, especially at night. I went off it for a week but still itch everywhere. How long does one have to be off crestor to see if this is what makes them itch all over. I never had this before. Help!!!. I am going whako itching. My family doctor put me on steroids for a week and the itching stopped but once I stopped the steroids the itching came right back.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of crestor and itching on
Do you have Itching while taking Crestor?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Crestor and have Itching
- support group for people who take Crestor
- support group for people who have Itching
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Nicorette, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Adderall 10, Adderall Xr 25, Crestor, Pristiq for a 59-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Stop Smoking, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Depression. The patient has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of side effects of Crestor for a 58-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Frequent Headaches (pain in head), Low Blood Pressure (abnormally low blood pressure)
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 70-year old man with Itching. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Acidophilus Lactobacillus, Benicar Hct for a 58-year old woman with Bowel Movement Irregularity, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled. The patient has Back Pain, Nausea, Leg Cramping, Tongue Irritation, Insomnia, Itching
Recent Crestor related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.