Crestor and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Crestor, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Niaspan, and have High density lipoprotein decreased. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Crestor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93,024 people who have side effects when taking Crestor from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 16, 2017
93,024 people reported to have side effects when taking Crestor.
Among them, 2,188 people (2.35%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Crestor when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 44.81 %
- 1 - 6 months: 27.92 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.74 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.55 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.9 %
- 10+ years: 1.3 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Crestor *:
- female: 55.31 %
- male: 44.69 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Crestor *:
- 0-1: 0.43 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.06 %
- 20-29: 0.31 %
- 30-39: 1.92 %
- 40-49: 8.17 %
- 50-59: 25.51 %
- 60+: 63.53 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Density Lipoprotein Decreased (189 people, 8.64%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (83 people, 3.79%)
- Low Density Lipoprotein Increased (81 people, 3.70%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (80 people, 3.66%)
- Pain (68 people, 3.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Niaspan (609 people, 27.83%)
- Aspirin (451 people, 20.61%)
- Plavix (238 people, 10.88%)
- Lisinopril (196 people, 8.96%)
- Fish Oil (181 people, 8.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (721 people, 32.95%)
- Skin Blushing/flushing (481 people, 21.98%)
- Feeling Hot (184 people, 8.41%)
- Urticaria (181 people, 8.27%)
- Fatigue (180 people, 8.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching when taking Crestor?
Crestor has active ingredients of rosuvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Crestor 97,925 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 159,949 Itching patients).